Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delivery delays from Rock River Arms?

Default Delivery delays from Rock River Arms?

Yes, I know that with the Obama effect in full swing it's much harder to get any weapons or weapons related items. I'm just wondering if anyone has ordered a complete AR-15 from Rock River Arms lately and if so, how long it has/is taking for it to arrive? I ordered a Mid Length A-4 over two months ago and, in reading several other gun related forums, it appears that they are taking up to 10 months to fill orders for complete weapons. There are some rumors that RRA is just waiting for barrels in order to complete the builds but you know how much value a person should put in rumors.

It's a long wait but, after a lot of research, and taking total cost into account, I've decided the RRA AR is the way I want to go. I'll just keep telling myself the wait will be worth it.

I ordered 2 RRA Predator Pursuit Rifles in late-Feb, and they showed up in mid-July. I ordered a complete RRA Lower, very recently, and it showed up in about a week-and-a-half.

I've also heard about barrels being the bottleneck, and my experiences seem to bear this out. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookseller View Post
    I'll just keep telling myself the wait will be worth it.
    I wasn't disappointed with my Predator Pursuit. It runs flawlessly, and shoots even better than I expected. I'm probably not helping, though, am I?

I ordered two RRA 6.8 SPC and one came in 10 months the other showed up in 22 months. They are worth the wait. I ordered a Pistol only lower that took a long time also.

Default RRA

Dan, I spoke to the Rock River factory today and I was told that the barrels are, in fact, the hold up. Per the factory rep, everything else from RRA is pretty much available now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
    I've also heard about barrels being the bottleneck, and my experiences seem to bear this out. YMMV.
    NRA Life Member
    "Semper Fidelis, Semper Vigiles"

I wasn't disappointed with my Predator Pursuit. It runs flawlessly, and shoots even better than I expected. I'm probably not helping, though, am I?

Nope LOL

UPDATE

On Tuesday I called Rock River Arms and they told me they still didn't have an expected delivery date for my rifle because of the barrel shortage. So, because I had done a lot of homework since originally ordering the rifle, I canceled the order. I then called the two RRA 3rd party distributors in the lower 48 that I had chosen and ordered the lower from one and the upper from the other.

I did that exactly 48 hours ago and I now have the upper in my safe as I type! It arrived 46 hours after I placed the order. Now THAT'S service! The lower is also on the way but is coming from Illinois so I guess it will take a day or two longer plus it will go to the FFL first. The good news is that the cost was exactly the same and I will still have the RRA AR-15 I had wanted all along. Now I need to go back out to the garage and get some more ammo reloaded. I have a feeling I'm going to go through a lot of it quite soon.

Christmas is early this year.

Nice! Did you get the standard A4 mid-length, or did you get something else?

Nice! Did you get the standard A4 mid-length, or did you get something else?
    It's the standard A-4 upper and the lower has the A-2 stock. The only thing I didn't get was the 2 stage NM trigger but hey, now I have something fun to do this winter.

I don't know what's worse though. Waiting forever for the complete rifle or having 1/2 of a rifle.

I know what you mean. I have a lower half, complete with a NM trigger and MagPul collapsable stock, with nothing to put on it. I was actually thinking a mid-length A4 would work pretty well on my lower. I've used up the gun fund, as of late, but I'll get there eventually.

Northern Security had a RRA complete mid-length upper earlier in the week.

Also, check Ammo Can. They had several complete uppers (I didn't see who made them) in last time I was there, but that was about 2 weeks ago. Don't know about any other shops and what they have for uppers.

I'm also guilty of the 1/2 rifle syndrom. Picked up an RRA lower pre election (just in case) and still haven't gotten an upper for it. I guess partly that's due to not choosing, partly not wanting to wait. I was going to have WOA build me an upper, but they had a 5 month wait the last time I called them.

I'll bring some extra uppers to the show Sat.

When you're ready to buy an upper, check with Rainier Arms. They are in Auburn WA and that's where I got mine. They send it out the same day and, since it's only a 3-4 hour flight up here, it only took two days to arrive. Total cost with shipping and insurance was $495.

I'm not looking for just any upper. My specs are 18-20" match ss barrel. I'm debating between the WOA with their squad designated marksman or spr barrel, or a Lilja AR-740 barrel. But an RRA preditor persuit upper is also in the running.

I'll bring a New custom by: PRI 20" upper, stainless steel. & I'll bring a New Bushmaster 24" Varmit stainless upper. The M-70 S.S. Classic featherweight .243 is coming, and the M-70 S.S. Classic .300 RUM

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I'll bring a New custom by: PRI 20" upper, stainless steel. & I'll bring a New Bushmaster 24" Varmit stainless upper. The M-70 S.S. Classic featherweight .243 is coming, and the M-70 S.S. Classic .300 RUM
    Dang, now I wish I didn't have to work my store all day Saturday. Can't buy another upper just yet but it would be nice to drool for a little while.

1/2 guns.... LOL I have 2 of em and sadly in this case 2 halves does not make a whole...

Well, at least I'm putting the wait time to good use by spending a lot of reading on how to zero the AR. I will probably figure it out eventually but it's a bit confusing to say the least. Last night I sat there with the upper laying on the table beside me and read two different descriptions of how to obtain 300 metre zero by turning this, twisting that, moving the other thing and, just when I think I have it figured out, there is a small blurb about this procedure not being the correct one for my detachable handle.

Oh well, the wife is still out of town so I'm having fun with all this anyhow and not ignoring her

Why would a person wait any amount of time for a Rock River when they can get a Colt or BCM rifle that meets or exceeds the TDP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast