Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Mepps lures i have.

  1. #1
    Member Theone2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Valley,Alaska
    Posts
    229

    Default Mepps lures i have.

    I have fished tons of lakes with this lure kit and had no luck.


    I have had luck with my flies though.

    I have been going for trout and grayling with these but i seem to have no luck.

    Anyone have luck with lures like these?????

    If so, where and how are you fishing these???

    -Thank you

  2. #2
    Member sharksinthesalsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    wasilla ak
    Posts
    640

    Default

    i prefer panther martin #0 silver blade silver body
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

  3. #3

    Thumbs up

    In the fall, right now, there is no better spinner than the all brass ones. The brass color mimicks the flesh of spawned out salmon. Just like flesh flies right now are killers in the creeks, so are brass spinners.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member WaterWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    411

    Default

    All of those worked wonders for me this summer. Matter fact three days in they killed the bows and char.

  5. #5
    Member Sierra Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    329

    Default

    I like sharks swear by the panther martins... the holographic ones I find work best.

    flies and live bait is good too.

  6. #6
    Member BIGAKSTUFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    449

    Default

    I was fishing for grayling in the Cantwell area a couple of weeks ago in a creek, and was slaying em' with the exact lure on the far right of the kit you have shown. I did even better with my ol' faithful......a Panther Martin #0 silver spinner with a yellow body that has three red dots. I caught 4 fish in five casts with my 2 year old son and his spiderman pole with it! Needless to say, he thinks fishing is awesome and easy now. Grayling are on their way out right now,and will bite on just about anything. Not sure about whats good for trout besides flies. Hope this helps, good luck
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

  7. #7
    Member coho slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    I agree, the one on the right should work, unless it's just too big. What size are they?

    One lure I've found that kills rainbows in lakes is a small Kastmaster. I used to just toss one out and paddle slowly around the lakes in a canoe trolling it. I've gotten many fish that way, some pretty decent sized ones, too.

  8. #8
    Member AK_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    176

    Default

    I bought the same set and killed the rainbows from early august until just a week or two ago - lake fishing. In my experience, the fish prefer the silver spinners, but they hit on brass too. Thanks to that kit, I added a couple of nice rainbow fillets to my freezer, which is now loaded with halibut, shrimp, and a recently bagged ungulate as well. No going hungry this winter!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •