Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Running the Kashwitna???

  1. #1
    Member AlaskaRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    45

    Default Running the Kashwitna???

    Can anyone give me info for running up the Kashwitna? How far do people go up, launch sites, etc.....Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default

    Ranger you can put in at Susitna Landing, your on the Kashwitna. The water is low right now. Lots and lots of rocks the farther you go up especially up river of the Parks Hwy. I've run it a few times for work in a 16' Jon boat owned by the state. It can be a white knuckle ride. Good luck

  3. #3
    Member AlaskaRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    45

    Default Distance....

    Jim, how far up river did you go past the Hwy?

  4. #4
    Premium Member bmunsell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy
    Posts
    195

    Default railroad

    From Susitna Landing, we run up past the highway to the railroad bridge to fish for kings and silvers without any trouble in our 22' Wooldridge, but have never been past that.

  5. #5
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaRanger View Post
    How far do people go up,
    depends on your boat...looks like a sport jet in your pic, if that's what you're running, it'll start to get a little tricky around mile 15....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  6. #6
    Member AlaskaRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    45

    Default Thanks.....

    for the info. I will report back with what happens.

  7. #7
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaRanger View Post
    I will report back with what happens.
    hopefully with video....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  8. #8

    Default

    I've been as far as the start of the canyon. One year watched and airboat go into the canyon. A few hours later watched pieces of the airboat come down in the current.

  9. #9

    Thumbs up

    Some super fishing at the confluence of the main channel and the north fork. Big Rainbows.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •