Thread: Gorilla Winch reviews?

Default Gorilla Winch reviews?

Anyone have experience with the Gorilla brand winch. Read some good online reviews, but they seem pretty low priced to be great. Anyone have something to offer?

Not a fan, but that comes from others experience, not my own. I do however have experience with the Viper brand you can find at Motoalliance.com. I had the 3000max with synthetic rope. It came delivered at under $200.00. I had trouble with it at first free spooling. I forced it with the aid of reverse and broke the free spool housing and boogered up the spool in the process (too much grease, jerked the then wire out of the keeper). Totally my fault and I told them so when I called. They didn't care and replaced everything no cost. The winch worked flawlessly after that for me and it spent most of it's life under muskeg and other forms of mud. Sadly it was snapped in half (the case) when my son totalled my machine. I'm tempted to get a new case for it and put it on the back of my new machine that came with a Warn. Anyway, the Viper is a quality product with unheard of customer service, I would and most likely will own another without any concern.

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

I have a gorilla on my wheeler and have had no issues with it. From my understanding it is made by a warn company over seas so the only real diffrnce is that there quality control is not as good as warn usa is. Mine was a pain to install but do able and other then that works perfect no issues at all. Be carefull though, they would not ship mine up here to me, i had to have them send it to a buddy in the lower 48 and then have him send it to me, so that really sucked.

I second the Viper. I have had mine buried where I couldn't see it more than once, but it pulls me out every time, and use it all winter for my plow too.