Thread: GMU 20A, DM686 access

Default GMU 20A, DM686 access

I need some good advice after exhaustive research. I pulled a DM686 tag, nice right. But I cannot locate any access to this area. I will be going the week of 25 Oct. I looked at the Rex trail as a possibility but I would have to cross 3 creeks and the wood river. Not sure if you can cross those with ATVs or snow machines late October. I was even told that ATV use would be a bad idea in DM686 due to marsh like conditions. Was considering renting a boat from Wainwright MWR to spot and stalk along the Tanana. But, they stop renting at the end of this month due to winter. So, now I am at a lose but don't want to waist this opportunity. So anyone with some good advise they can give me would be VERY much appreciated.

Smile

Do you have friends with a boat or a plane?

I'd say a boat is out of the question, there could be a lot of ice that time of year. Hope for snow and cold and you can use a snowmachine. Maybe an argo with tracks.

Sounds like hovercraft time.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

I'm trying to understand why folks apply for drawings without doing their research? I honestly am not trying to sound mean about it but I do all sorts of research on the drawings I apply for...
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

I'm trying to understand why folks apply for drawings without doing their research? I honestly am not trying to sound mean about it but I do all sorts of research on the drawings I apply for...

Oooh you should see the thread I started about that very same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    WOW, ya your right. I thought I did my research before applying. I didn't plan for every contengency on this one. Don't know the area to good either. But if that is the only advice you have for me then I guess I will take that at least. So thank you, lesson learned on this one. Nice bullmastif, I have 2 myself.

Hi Sophia,

I don't have any advice because I don't know the area, but my husband might. He would probably tell you the same thing though. Really, I wasn't being rotten, I guess I'm just trying to understand it. In my own little world it makes sense to leave the tags that I would be ill prepared for, for the folks who have/access to all the right equipment.
    I sure hope someone has some good advice, I would also hate to see you miss out on this opportunity.

Take care!

PS. Bullies, I'll never be without one...we have two as well.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"