Thread: Little Sue moose help please

Default Little Sue moose help please

I was planning about hunting Little Sue this weekend for moose but not quite sure where to go. Can you go up river and walk To get outof the refuge and hunt. Or do I go down river for a better success. Or is there someplace better than here. I have a 4 wheeler if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Chris

you cannot "walk" the little su river while hunting for moose....or anything....you cant see more n a few feet....i would suggest hunting burma road, pt mackenzie road, the hayfields north of the beaver lakes (vehicle access and ,miles of 4x4 trails) or float the river. good luck to ya

Default Why little Sue?

is there a specific reason that this area is the one to hunt? I know im a little late but i wonder if you have a tag or something for this specific area and thats why your focused on Lil Sue

So many 4x4 trails out there is why i ask?

Default To get out of the refuge

You can't walk and hunt the refuge? Thought the restrictions were on motorized travel on land.
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Default This is why I ask

I was told by my f&g buddy that I can use my boat to get upriver and out fo the refuge and hunt up there. I know how far to go to get out of the refuge. I was thinking little sue just because theres less people up there. As far as a tag I was told by him to go to walmart or someplace a and get a tag. This is my first time out by myself moose hunting Thats why I ask. Is there someplace better to go? As far as 4x4 trails I never see them off of burma road. Maybe I dont see them. I just need alittle help as I have never hunted this area, Only fished. I was thinking of hunting pressure as well.