Thread: fbks hunting report #2

Thumbs up fbks hunting report #2

REAL MOOSE REPORTs please! it is hot, the moose are there..(well minus the 45" in my walk in cooler ) hunt early and late use all the lite both the sun and moon are giving u...... they are not 'paying attention' to any calling as far as i could tell... just eating... the bull i shot, was on a mtn side in the willows..over his head to make a long story short... i put the sneak on him thinking he was layed up for the day..1145 am monday..no he was eating..i was having a Hard time follow/seeing him ...i was in willows streaming down the hill that were up to my waste..still where was he? i'm in the spot when a branch moves in front of me..10yds max.. i sneak some more and a moose looks UP at me.... an gets a 3006 TBB CLAW between the eyes at < 7' @ 345 pm..he was in a hole full of willows as big as my arm's+... needless to say he was never laying down he was eating the whole time!! the fat was thick on his back even inside........ i had the sun at my back to him and the wind from left to rite ..text book...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Damm good job and congrats on the one shot stop. Nice to read a long range shooting story where one shot gets it done.

Thumbs up

Sounds like another "high risk head shot thread" to me. That is a good stalk.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Well done !

The sarcasm is palpable on this thread, I wish had a witty remark to add.

Thumbs up

....the moose i got is now a bunch of steaks and buger! brats and b-sausage, & wife took the 8 sticks of summer sausage out of the smoker for the ice bath at 230pm
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

I spent the week at the chena flood levy and nothing turned out.. just lots of cow/calfs .. and a nuby bull. We ran the rivers and walked alot.. lots of bears no big moose.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    I spent the week at the chena flood levy and nothing turned out.. just lots of cow/calfs .. and a nuby bull. We ran the rivers and walked alot.. lots of bears no big moose.
    Were the bears not shootable?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

they were shootable ... and they were fast too..lol specially when you running downriver in a boat..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.