Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearwater Silvers

Default Clearwater Silvers

any ideas on when the silvers will start hittin the delta clearwater. just got back from iraq. want to get some fishing in.

Default Didn't you hear?

The silvers bought into the whole hope/change thing that Obama has been spouting and they decided they're gonna wait for a public transportation system to be put in so they dont have to swim. I mean come on we live in America, fish shouldn't have to swim UPRIVER....

Im kidding PM sent

usually end of Sept and first week of Oct

Default any movement yet

was wondering if anyone has made the trip to see if any early fish are there? might make the trip next weekend to see and try my luck busting ducks down there some where.

I went through Delta yesterday. I was told that people had caught them, but it took a boat ride. I looked over the river at the campground area, and didn't see any fish there yet. I was shore bound, so I didn't try fishing there. I don't know ANYTHING about this river, I'm just passing on information.

what is the lure of choice for these guys usually

I have had good luck with rattling pixies.

Had a buddy hit the holes with his dad this past weekend and were pretty successfull....Ill check it out this weekend to see just how good. Threads are right on for timeframe, this is the early run for the silvers and they should be thick about the 2nd week in October....My lure of choice is my own tied purple egg suckin leech.....they work perfect...and the 5wt fly rod....good luck to all and Ill send a better report when I get back....

bts, a fuschia bunny fly will have you throw'n those purple smurple flies away and beware of those dogs...there is some in the river as late as the 2nd week of oct with more fight then 99% of the silvers!

Gonna hit the water on Sunday with TSS and a few other guys also. Will report back once we return.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bowtechshooter View Post
    Had a buddy hit the holes with his dad this past weekend and were pretty successfull....Ill check it out this weekend to see just how good. Threads are right on for timeframe, this is the early run for the silvers and they should be thick about the 2nd week in October....My lure of choice is my own tied purple egg suckin leech.....they work perfect...and the 5wt fly rod....good luck to all and Ill send a better report when I get back....
    I remember seeing you out there last year and you weren't catching ****..

I think TSS caught about 4 right next to you guys that day....in 10 minutes.

Fish On!

Default caught silvers in Delta Clearwater the 19th

My son, and I were on the delta Clearwater last saturday, the 19th, catching silvers in the afternoon. Pods of them along the outside bends, just upstream of a bar/cabin rental, with a park next to it. (Hope you know the area better than I do.)
    we fished with spoons, and a size 6 mepps spinner ( if I remember correctly) and I could see them cruising in about 4 feet of water just a rod length from where i was standing. We caught 4, lost more, and, oddly enough ( to me) hooked 4 or 5 grayling of about 14-16 inches on the salmon lures. Caught and released 2. The last salmon hit the spinner with only 6' or so of line out. That was exciting for a few minutes...So, go get 'em...Pretty river, pretty fish, too.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats cold stuff. lol

Hey cox,
    think your a funny guy huh.....ya, ya, ya....I cant compete with the force....

Hey cox,
    think your a funny guy huh.....ya, ya, ya....I cant compete with the force....
    Haha...just messin with yeah. Maybe I'll seeyah on the water Sunday. You know where we'll be...

Fish On!

Got a cabin up there tonight and gonna hunt in the morning and if its slow Ill be on the water about noon tomorrow....dont think were gonna stay till sunday but all depends on the hunting....if not good luck to you and TSS.....

Default Silvers

Just got back yesterday from a float from DCW lodge to the Big Delta bridge. WE froze our butts off, but did catch fish. No great numbers, but they are in.

What ya huntin? Fowl?
    Got a cabin up there tonight and gonna hunt in the morning and if its slow Ill be on the water about noon tomorrow....dont think were gonna stay till sunday but all depends on the hunting....if not good luck to you and TSS.....
    AKShawn

I caught 4 in 3 hours on Friday, along with 3 grayling. I was using my fly rod for the first time with purple egg sucking leech. I really had no idea what I was doing, but it worked out. Plan to go this afternoon after church. It was cold fishing and snow was on the ground. Pics later.

Sapper 2-6

I've had great success with a beadchain eye purple tinsel streamer fly a friend tied for me years ago. Tourquoise works okay too and on darker days, silver and gold work.
    Anyways, fly casters will catch more fish out there than the folks slinging hardware.
    Now what ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast