Thread: warn winch question

Default warn winch question

have a warn a2000 winch, it has a rotary switch mounted to front rack, really don't like switch anyway. i want to put a handle bar switch on it and get rid of big rotary....according to warn, i need to buy the upgrade kit, a2000 to 2500 to do this. 139.00 for kit...12v is 12v anyone have any ideas ?

thanks.

The switch is a hi-amp switch, if you replace the switch with hi-amp relays it should work.

You need a hi-amp contactor (relay) which would be operated by a low-amp rocker switch. The upgrade kit with wires probably cost around that from any dealer. You may find one on ebay. You can certainly find aftermarket contactors on ebay that would work if you get the correct one. Of course, quality of the aftermarket parts may be hit or miss.

Default For $30

I would take a shot at it.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Warn sounds way overpriced. I'd expect any decent electronics shop would have the relay. Not sure if mine have a part number. I'll try and remember to look next time I'm in the shop. The wiring you have should work if you mount the relay within reach.

Default snowbear

so just replace solenoid with the relay in this kit and wire in switch ? thanks everyone for helping out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123