Thread: Ideas for goat hunt area?

Default Ideas for goat hunt area?

I have vacation from the 14-25th of Sept.. Looking to go out and hunt Mt. Goats..somewhere... I put in leave in anticipation of going moose and caribou hunting but have already notched my tags on both of them.. I know of several goat areas that are registration and start later.. Say Oct-Nov time-frame..Not in conjunction with my vacation.. But I could be overlooking a area that may be open to a registration hunt..during this timeframe? If you know one Post it here or feel free to send me a PM..

Thanks;

Look at the eastern side of Prince William Sound from Valdez over towards Cordova. If memory serves, there are some registration opportunities over that direction.

Default Unit 6A

Talking about 6A? I suppose I could drive to Valdez, and charter a plane maybe from their.. I really dont feel like dragging a boat over their this time of year..

Default Rg 249

Cordova Coastal Outfitters can drop you off. I don't know if anyone else is doing that. Last I heard Cordova Air was out of the goat business.
    Take the ferry to CDV.

Default unit 11, McCarthy area...

Check into RG580. It opened 1 Sep. I've heard there is some good goat hunting in there, although I cannot specifically point you to an area.

And as always, regardless of where you go, please post a report with pictures!

Default Rg580

Thanks Guys, I think I will get a RG580 ticket and head north and start looking for goats on Monday or Tuesday.. Starting in Glennallen and heading east.. In the hunt area.. Any one want to point me into a drainage, town, village or realative area.. that would help.. Either way, thanks for all the PM's and replies..

Hoytguy

While you're at it, stop by Ahtna offices in Glenallen. Looking at a map of available trails/land to hunt will likely narrow your search quickly.