Thread: 2 days till sheep hunting

Default 2 days till sheep hunting

Well, it has been a hectic fall. We were supposed to leave for the opener of DS204 on 8/26, but we postponed it because my wife and her doctor thought the baby might be coming early. Good thing we did, because he was born on 8/28!

So Jim Cummings at Golden Eagle Outfitters was kind enough to reschedule us into his tight schedule. It looks like he'll be putting us right where we had planned to go in the first place on Saturday afternoon. We'll be in there for a week with two permits.

I'll be sure to post our results either way, but I just wanted to thank everyone that I have received information from while getting ready for this trip.

Richard

Good luck on your hunt Richard!!

Best I can tell weather has been pretty ideal for a September sheep hunt in the Ak Range.

Got back at about 2am this morning. I was successful in filling my DS204 permit on Friday, our last day of hunting. I'll get some pictures up soon. Great hunt, pretty good weather until the last 3 days and I can't say enough about Jim Cummings with Golden Eagle Outfitters.

Default welcome home

Welcome back....

I'm looking forward to your hunt story and photos. There are some great rams in that range.

Congratulations, oakman! Looking forward to the full report and photos as well.