Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craigslist lost it's appeal

Default Craigslist lost it's appeal

Not just craigslist either, 907 BBT, and AK lists as well...

I have run into a new and odd problem. After my recent run of ATV purchases I now have nothing to browse craigslist for. It used to be a regular daily adventure to keep up w/ all of the adds looking for the super great deal like a $500 Polaris 90 or a $5K fully loaded big bore with nearly no miles/hours. Now I got nothing to look forward too

Any one else have this problem?

Ha, I always breeze craigslist before a big trip or hunt, which i just completed a few days ago...........and now I have no reason to look for stuff either. Craiglist seems to have more and more people flake out of a deals these days as well, which has been sort of fusterating.
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Lujon, I have the same problem, but find out what your friends are looking for and hunt for them. I have found a number of items for buddies that don't have the CL disease that I have.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i get so tired of replying to adds. and never hear back....

i have found the atv, bikes and sleds all have some one watching that stuff but the day to day stuff like tents etc... just seem to be a waist of time.. maybe it is me. but ....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

surprisingly enough I never really seem to have a problem getting the things I am looking for. Usually I just send them a message that says "if the product matches the description and pics I will take it, I have cash when/where would you like to meet?" I have a feeling these posts get pulled out of the group as most people don't wnt to deal w/ financing or tire kickers. I will also call immediately if they post a contact number people are usually in disbelief when I tell them that i am calling from Iraq.

Good idea on the looking for friends, the only downfall is I set money aside and wait for the super hot deals then pounced, my non c/l junkie friends are usually too slow on the trigger to get the really good stuff!

Lujon,
    You just need to get a couple more expensive hobbies, that all. Do you have a plane? Do you have a boat? Do you have a nice big house that you cant afford to keep them all at?

Default I'm an addict

I search craigslist about 9-10 times a day. I just bought a 4 place trailer and now have nothing to buy, but I still look. I like to keep up on the going prices for "used" items, and I keep an eye open for buddies. Plus, it's always fun to read the adds.

Default Eielson For Sale

Don't forget the Eielson For Sale board. I recently picked up a sweet leather recliner and a set of ITP 589s. PCSing and had to get ride of the stuff quick.

http://eielson.baseforsale.com/

After picking up a wheeler for the kid last week, found some rear tires for the thing today which were exactly what I was looking at buying new for much less (half when including shipping). CL is still with me.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

and 10 hours later still waiting on the freezer section... i swear.. why post if your gonna split..?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

What's "Craigslist"?

A communist-run, Kalifornia based advertising service.

Did ya'll notice that there is a local service for this activity? It's right here on this very website!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Joat

Craigslist is free. Eielson for sale free. And I beleive Alaskalist is free. Hillbilly

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    What's "Craigslist"?

A communist-run, Kalifornia based advertising service.

Did ya'll notice that there is a local service for this activity? It's right here on this very website!
    A communist website to allow individuals to participate in capitalism? Diabolical!

Unhappy "Craigslist"?

It's a place that u can buy/sell sex ..but not ANY firearms.. try tell'in that to your kids....
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    It's a place that u can buy/sell sex ..but not ANY firearms.. try tell'in that to your kids....
    That truth is amazingly funny this morning!

Default Good point

about craigslist. I stay away from that side of that site. Hillbilly
    Last edited by H_I_L_L_B_I_L_L_Y; 09-13-2009 at 19:47. Reason: Hillbilly+grammer=F

Default Searching?

I have a question about Craigslist. I would like to do a wide search, such as the listings on Ebay. For example, if I am looking for a '59 Corvette hub cap, I don't care if it is next door or in Timbucktoo. I can't search country wide, or am I missing something? I know the advantage of searching close to home but ??? Thanks,Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    I have a question about Craigslist. I would like to do a wide search, such as the listings on Ebay. For example, if I am looking for a '59 Corvette hub cap, I don't care if it is next door or in Timbucktoo. I can't search country wide, or am I missing something? I know the advantage of searching close to home but ??? Thanks,Mark
    Here you go... http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/1371230970.html

Default Great

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Many thanks LuJon but that was just an example. I only wish I had a '59 Corvette. You must have searched high and low for the listing in San Fran.... or do you have a secret searching spot for Craigslist. Thanks for the hub cap listing, maybe I will start looking for a car now. Points sent. Thanks, Mark

Sorry, had to have a little fun first There are several different meta search platforms for craigslist out there. For this search I used http://www.craigzoom.com/ It is simple, effective and reasonably quick but there are some out there that are more complex and are supposed to let you specify a particular region or series of cities. I have used them w/ mixed results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast