Thread: Halibut Special Question?

Default Halibut Special Question?

My wife saw on the T.V. about some Halibut special out of Seward or Whittier (she could not remember) about some cheap halibut charter. I guess it was pay for one person the companion was only $25. Was she right? If so, which outfitter? We have a little more room in the freezer and want some halibut to last the winter.

Thanks in advance.

Default Seward

There is a boat in Seward that offers a 25 dollar "companion" fare. You pay for one and get another to "Share" the full priced persons fishing rod after they limit on Halibut. They do put up to about 30 people on that boat fishing 18 at a time....

Good luck with that and for 25 bucks, I am sure you will get your moneys worth. Shoot if all you get is a boat ride and a free cup of coffee, you will be money ahead for 25 bucks

Check the weather carefully and as always keep in mind you will, usually get what you pay for.

i think its call the seward fishing club or some thing, the boat is the ranisong

Thumbs up Went with them last year

You can even sleep on the boat the night before. I got treated to a trip. It was almost a three hour boat ride out to the fishing hole but the scenery is great. Fished all day and out of 30 people, I think the largest fish was 60 lbs. Most were in the 25-30, which was fine. It is a large boat and comfortable too. You will not regret it!!!!!