Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Anuual AODD ATV Poker Run

Default 2nd Anuual AODD ATV Poker Run

DATE: Saturday, October 3rd
    WHERE: KRPUA - Knik River Public Use Area (AKA Jim Creek)
    TIME: Depart the parking lot by 10am

This will be our 2nd annual Outdoorsdirectory ATV poker run! Last year we had about 100 riders and 70+ played the poker hand which was a "split the pot". The $10 buy in awarded over $350 to both the high and low hand winners for the day!

This is very much a family event. The poker aspect is completely voluntary. Feel free to come and ride free of charge.

We will have a rough map of the area with the checkpoints marked along with time slots that they will be open. A longer break for lunch will be scheduled at the half way point (by Wolf point). We will be making cooking fires and several folks usually bring grills to put over the fires so bring hot dogs, hamburgers, steak or whatever. A hot meal on the trail is a great thing!

Remember that proper gear is up to the individual riders/families. There will be water crossings and the possibility of getting stuck. While there will be many people to help, please be prepared. Appropriate clothing and gear is a necessity! Helmets are strongly encouraged.

Poker -

If you want to play the poker hand, there will be a $10 buy in per hand (cash only!). We will have 4 checkpoints for cards along the route which will be from the main pavillion parking lot out to the large meadows just short of Wolf point and back. The 5th and final card will be drawn back at the parking lot. The winning hands will then be determined and jackpots awarded on the spot.The way we did this last year was to have each checkpoint open for about 45 minutes and then folks could ride as they choose to the next checkpoint. At the checkpoint, see one of the volunteers who is doing the card draws. Give them your name and draw a card from the deck. The value of the card is then written down next to your name in the scorebook and the card is placed back in the deck.

Feel free to post questions/concerns and one of the organizers will answer as quick as we can.

Hope to see you there!!
    Last edited by AKmud; 09-15-2009 at 15:18.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I guess my concern would be the date!! BLAST--I'm at work again Oh-well, have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I guess my concern would be the date!! BLAST--I'm at work again Oh-well, have fun!
    Well the date works perfect for me, I will hopefully have a HUGE grin on my face since I should be just back from my Kodiak goat hunt
    I also purchased an AC 700 just to attend this event so I am glad the date looks like it is going to work for me...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    You shouldn't be going anyway! You have a new baby arriving very soon!
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    You shouldn't be going anyway! You have a new baby arriving very soon!
    Good point....anytime that week actually....good eye, Mud. Best keep that brain fart between us

DATE CHANGE!!!
    I forgot to look at the poll that AKmuddy posted earlier and now I see that the first or fourth week of October were the overwhelming choices . Also, my wife gently reminded me that I am "committed" to another function on the 10th....

So... We need to take a quick vote for either the first (sat/3rd) or fourth (sat/24th) week of October.

Sorry for the confusion.
    AKmud

Oct. 3rd!!!!!

I posted a 3 day quick poll on the two dates so make sure and cast a vote if you care!!
    AKmud

we think we take on oct 3 cuz the weather will be good

Since the poll regarding the date appears overwhelmingly for the 3rd, we have a winner!

If anyone would like to assist with some of the mechanics of the ride let me know and I'm sure I can plug you in somewhere!
    AKmud

And a loser... have fun guys

I'll be there. October 3rd is perfecto!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    Since the poll regarding the date appears overwhelmingly for the 3rd, we have a winner!

If anyone would like to assist with some of the mechanics of the ride let me know and I'm sure I can plug you in somewhere!
    I have a military retirement party the night before so I may be moving a little slow that day but I can help out. I'll be there early like last year and help out with registration and taking the money. Let me know if you need more signs made and what they need to say.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Thanks Muddy! I think we will be good on signs, I still have all the ones you did last year. Your help with registration would be great!
    AKmud

Just a friendly reminder...please try to have the proper money amount for your registration fees. It will be difficult for us to make change ($$) for everyone. We just need to be kind to the folks working the event and not increase the work load...thanks!!!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

One week away Guys and Gals! We had around 100 riders last year, lets see if we can top it this year!!

Also, it would be completely AWESOME if some folks could drum up a few door prizes. I'll be checking some of the local shops probably on Monday to see if they will get involved.

See you there!!
    AKmud

ten right?

Quote Originally Posted by ARGONUT View Post
    ten right?
    Yep! How did I forget to put in the time....

We will be leaving the parking lot at 10am sharp
    so make sure and get there in time to get registered if you want to play the poker hand. We will have a couple more people manning the signup and checkpoints this year so the line won't be nearly as long !
    AKmud

Default AKmud

Sent you a PM
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Directions for us non-locals? I haven't been to Jim Creek in over 20 years.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast