Thread: Yentna Moose

Default Yentna Moose

Has anyone had any luck moose hunting along the Yentna this year? (16B) We are headed out this weekend to give it a try and haven't heard how anyone has done on moose. Rumor has it that the moose hunting there is horrible, we've never been there but seeing as how we purchased property in the area this year we thought we'd give it a try.

Tms
    Good look Ill be hunting close to there the last weekend of the season let me know how you do. Water at the landing is low.

Default last week

I was thinking of heading down there the last week of season. How is the water level for the rest of the river, and what about up river from the landing?

ha Big Daddy

HOws it going the river was just about normal for that time of year which was two weeks ago but I saw on the landing site the water level is 30 feet below the culverts

Default Nice

Great. I am not taken my boat. We need 1 more moose to end the season.

bulls are few and far between out in the lower susitna and yentna unit 16 area, still alot of bear activity out there. have seen quite a few cows though

Water is getting real skinny out there!!

As far as hunting, we didn't get to get much in. We did some calling, and my hubby heard a bull grunting off in the woods but he never showed himself. I never heard a thing, COULDN'T over all of the mosquitos buzzing around that morning, it was nuts. Other than that, there was a little sign here and there, mostly cow and calf tracks (thankfully no bear tracks this time!) and some old beds where they had been. We are going to give it another try again this weekend and see how it goes......

Good luck to everyone hunting out there! Our days are drawing to a close!

Friend told me there is still lots of bears and they saw 0 moose last weekend.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default got lucky

not very often do you see this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by akriverunner View Post
    not very often do you see this
    akriveruner
    I beleive i saw you pass by my camp on Saturday was the rack up front on the boat. I saw one other nice moose rack come out on saturday also. I know where that person was hunting. I could get my boat in ther but the other person i was hunting with wouldnt have been able to make it.

i came out sunday, rack was up on the bow, my boat is blue. i seen a very nice rack come out saturday on a light grayish boat with some colorfull designs on the side, seen him coming down the yentna. had to be 55 plus. mine was close to the cabin and i have never seen a 4 brow tine moose out there so i had to take him. freezer is full now!

Ya that was you we were camp on the right just pass beaver slough in the short cut we were in a blue SJX and a thunder jet nice moose congrats