Thread: gotta love spike forks!!!!!

Talking gotta love spike forks!!!!!

Well after 3 days of hunting moose I finally was in range of a nice spike fork. I put the cross hairs on him and BAM. The tree behind him explodes and off he runs. I didn't get a second shot off, he was in the woods too fast. 5 hours of searching proved what I thought, a miss. Couldn't see how I would miss at only 80 yards. I took the rifle to the range the next morning and sure enough the scope was out of whack. Hitting about 3 feet high at 100 yds. Still scratching my head when I got home from the range and the oldest boy confesses he "might have bumped it out of the gun cabinet when he grabbed his shotgun one day", but that is another story.

I went back out to where I had missed the spike fork the other day, hoping he would be back. No such luck, sat there from 6:30am till 6:20pm. Only animals I saw were 2 crows and a magpie. Figuring I better get home before too long I left the spot I was in and headed down the road for home. About 3 miles down the road I spot a spike fork in a guys yard. I stopped and took a couple pics and noticed it had a wounded leg, then decided what the heck I'll see if anyone is home. I went up to the door and after talking to a teenage boy he gets the adult of the residence. I tell the guy that there is a legal moose in his yard with a wounded leg, and asked him if it was ok for me to shoot it on his property.He says sure just try not to drive on the grass if you can. So I walk back to my truck and grab my rifle, BOOM he drops on the spot. As I get ready to start field dressing and figuring out a way to "haul off" the guts so not to leave them in the guys yard, He comes down and says "I got a backhoe and I can put it in your truck for you if you want". Of course I agree whole heartedly and so to make this story short, meat is hanging and I'm going to bed. Will post pics tomorrow.

This is the most hard to believe story I have ever read on the forum.... Congrats on a hard....er "easy"...hunt!!

If only they were all that easy! Congrats.

Default Amazing-

You've GOT to be kidding. Okay, do you have any pics of the moose hanging with the tractor?

How come this stuff never happens to me?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default no pics

of the tractor but here is a pic of it i my truck:
    Attached Images Attached Images