Thread: Peep Sight trouble

Default Peep Sight trouble

I had a buddy that is a excellet bow hunter help set me up a few years ago with my bow. I use a peep sight (no tubing). I have been practicing all summer and having a blast. I even got my wife into shooting!

Trouble is, I went to use my bow a couple days ago and I can tsee through my peep. I dont understand what has happened. How do I fix it? Is there a trick? I have searched on here and googled, but come up empty. I could run over to Kings Knock, but I want to know what to do in case this ever happens in the field.

Default trouble?

Is the peep plugged with something so you cannot see thru it? Or, has the peep site twisted so you can't see thru it at full draw?

What kind of peep sight are you using?

It is not plugged, it twisted or something. NOt sure the exact brand of the sight, but it is basically just a plastic circle inserted in my bowstring (compound bow).

Thumbs up

If you take 1/2 of a turn out of your bow string, that woud solve your problem. You may need a bow press to make the string loose so you can turn the string.

Try turning your peep *before* you draw into the position you think it should be in. Then draw back...did that straightened it out? If so, you may have to repeat this process before each shot. Simple, but temporary fix. the best thing to do is to mark you string at the sight, put your bow in a press, remove the peep, then re set it in-line where it belongs...permanent fix
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Default string loop

Are you shooting with a release and string loop? If so, try twisting your string loop 1/4 turn on your string and then draw the bow with the release to see if that fixes the problem. continue the twist of the loop until it aligns your peep. This is a pretty common problem with non-tubing peeps on new strings. Strings tend to stretch slightly until they settle in, causing the peep to turn slightly. turning the loop to the left or to the right should align the peep when you draw the bow.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/ Try here on your search, should find a ton on the subject... Like OkELK said the string will stretch. Than the peep will not line up