Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wifes 5 min cow hunt

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default wifes 5 min cow hunt

well at 8 30 pm i got up off the chair and said lets go...

drove down to the pond on Nordale and said pull up here hun ... they cross here all the time...

a group was coming out on the ATV and out walked a cow behind them

that was 8:38pm

she went for the water and we circled around the edge abit. and as she neared the bank again i told the wife to lung shoot her...

watching the bullet strike the cow lunged forward 25 foot and stopped on the dry ....

and told her to wait.....

wait

wait

wait

the cow turned back to the pond......

hit her again. hun...... i said...

one more shot and down she went

Daniel IN AK has all the photos....

this is the wifes first gun shot animal

she used my 300 win mag with out any troubles at all..

we are home and unloaded by 10; 40

one of my friends boys and his buddy were at the pull out and offered to help.. so i sent a hind home with them along with some ribs and a front home with Daniel.... ( i think were will get him moose hunting yet.)
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Way to go!

Gotta love that easy of a hunt! I would love to pull that tag. I drew the FMA bow tag a few years ago and had a great time with that hunt.

This year I have the cow tag across the Tanana from Salcha to Wood River. Looking like at least a week beofre I go after that. CANT WAIT, and by then, most of the bull hunters will be gone and the weather will be MUCH cooler.

congrats.. and I am going to pull in your shop for a cup of coffee soon.
    My wife LOVES the roses that grow around your building, and she loves to hunt too

Cool.

I hope your wife catches many many more with you.
    Easily or not, that had to be a real Boost to her hunting additude.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Awesome, it seems the women in your family are like the women in ours. My cousin has been skunked 3 years in a row but his wife has connected on 2 of em (40" bull last week), I went down swinging last year but my wife pulled out the full freezer october surprise by connecting on a delta cow.
    Congrats!

Default buddy could you spare a lift?

Uh Vince....... Do you think you could drive me over to 13A tomorrow?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by FairbanksBowHunter View Post
    Gotta love that easy of a hunt! I would love to pull that tag. I drew the FMA bow tag a few years ago and had a great time with that hunt.

This year I have the cow tag across the Tanana from Salcha to Wood River. Looking like at least a week beofre I go after that. CANT WAIT, and by then, most of the bull hunters will be gone and the weather will be MUCH cooler.

congrats.. and I am going to pull in your shop for a cup of coffee soon.
    My wife LOVES the roses that grow around your building, and she loves to hunt too

Thank!... we get a lot of comments on those roses so i asked the owner about them...

they were planted there over 75 years ago when the buildings went is. and have grown into that impressive bunch!

SO.. now that i have showered and rested....

the rest of the story. ( i had it typed last night but lost it...)

in all it was a tad longer then 5 min.. I did make her sit a wait for the cow to come out of the water...

to watch for a calf.. and wait for her shot...

seems all the Bow hunting last year did her good.

we spent 10 min watching the hind end, and i am NEVER one to take that Texas heart shot.... so i repositioned her twice to afford her a broad side shot.

she wound up taking a 1/4 away. and forcing the cow up on to the dry

when it turned back to the pond it was full broad side and nearly done. so i had her hit her again. and fall it .

we where about an hour into it and the Trooper showed and checked tags.. looked around for a calf, and wanted to know where her brass was... he tried harder to look for a reason for it NOT to be legal then to say good job thank you for your time

my wife was so cool... she handed me the brass as she reloaded...and said here don't loose this.

i left her there with the two guys that offered to help raced to the house and picked up the truck and 4 wheeler... as we were in the company van, full of toddlers and 8 year olds watching...

Kim also had a full parking lot of spectators by the time she dropped the cow.. i would guess up wards of 30 people watched and/or videoed the hunt.

there was NOT one complaint out of any one.. the all agreed she had great shooting and left it at that... and quickly dispersed.

so i guess we should watch for it on U tube...

I called Daniel in AK and he was right there with his boys and a camera... ( mines in clear) and a bone saw.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default good on you guys!

looks like you beat my time from "moose down" to "moose home" by 40 minutes or so... but you had more help.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    looks like you beat my time from "moose down" to "moose home" by 40 minutes or so... but you had more help.

lol yeah a little but i was teaching at the same time....

the bad part was...

she would ask

vince wheres the flash light?

knife sharpener?

her rubber boots?

game bags?

er... yes dear.....

WHAT?

yes dear they are all at moose camp

meet on face book here

way to go Vince and family!

Way to show em Kim! Congrats
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Know you have been waiting for this moment,congrats to you both.No sence in makeing something harder than it has to be,planning works.

Yes, congrats. I really love the fact that you butt dailed my phone number at 10:45 and got hear all about the knifes, how to hang it, the cussing etc. I do expect a little something for waking me

Congratulations on a successful hunt! I'm glad everything worked out. What's with Mr. Trooper trying to open a CSI episode? Why can't they survey the area, look at your tags/license and say congratulations? Sounds like many families will share in your generosity.

Glad you guys are bringing in the meat Vince, congrats to your better half.

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    Yes, congrats. I really love the fact that you butt dailed my phone number at 10:45 and got hear all about the knifes, how to hang it, the cussing etc. I do expect a little something for waking me
    you mean having some ass call in the middle of the night is a NEW thing?

Quote Originally Posted by 257wby View Post
    Congratulations on a successful hunt! I'm glad everything worked out. What's with Mr. Trooper trying to open a CSI episode? Why can't they survey the area, look at your tags/license and say congratulations? Sounds like many families will share in your generosity.
    Thanks 257 we always try to share ours out... and the young trooper was polite enough... Just doing his job i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Glad you guys are bringing in the meat Vince, congrats to your better half.
    Thanks mark i will pass it along.. yours should be hard at it eh? i know that if you haul off and twist yourself up again... you'll be the meat

take care be carefull....

meet on face book here

Thumbs up

Meat in the freezer always help take the pressure off, so you can relax and enjoy the rest of the season.

Is there now a market for "Brass Catcher's"? Seems as though some young entrapanuer could fashion a piece of lightweight material, that could be afixed to the rifle and capture the brass as it is ejected.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Congratulations Kim and Vince! We had the easy one last year, but this year the "gods" are making us pay for it!

lmbo at the "butt call". I don't think I would have been so friendly...I was sleeping by 10
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default Good job.

That's a nice fast meat hunt. Why would the trooper ask about the brass? To make sure it was the gun she said? That's great to have all the kids there too.

Congrats on a successful hunt!!

Quote Originally Posted by BTK View Post
    Why would the trooper ask about the brass? To make sure it was the gun she said?
    I was going to ask the same thing. I try to retrieve all my brass, more as a "no litter" type of thing. This is the first time I have ever heard of F&G asking for brass though.

AK Chappy

Default Brass?

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Chappy View Post
    Congrats on a successful hunt!!

I was going to ask the same thing. I try to retrieve all my brass, more as a "no litter" type of thing. This is the first time I have ever heard of F&G asking for brass though.

AK Chappy
    Me three, what is the deal with the brass? I also pick up all my brass, when I can find it to reload, if nothing else. Nice job Vince, glad it worked out with the moose and didn't end up in the water. Not sure if I could get my wife to shoot a 300, congrats to her. Bet the van full of kids enjoyed also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast