Thread: a little help.

Default a little help.

I am new to duck hunting and have a couple of questions. first I am thinking of going to 20 mile or placer river and just walk back in and see what i find. is this a good idea i dont have decoys or any boat just a black lab and a 12 gauge. and do not want to interupt or cause someone else problems in there hunt. dont really know what the edicate is here.

any help would be appriciated here like good places to go or what not to do going to placer really dont want to get shot at.

Default Location

I have a freind who used to hunt 20 mile for ducks and did ok. Let me know where you live and I might be able to point you in some better directions.

Take care and shoot straight

Tony

i hunted 20 mile the other day seen many ducks, we got only 4 thats because we set up in the wrong spot, the first stretch is pretty easy going but the further you go it gets really hairy, but once we got out there it was a matter of where to sit, it is def do able, matter a fact closer to the end of shooting time some people started walking around out there jumping ducks didnt bother us at all it acctually push a few our way, wich was nice. but like i said it is do able dress light and pack water if you plan on hopping those ponds. good luck if you need anymore info pm ill be glad to assist.

It flies it dies...............

Justin
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Wink really...

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    i hunted 20 mile the other day seen many ducks, we got only 4 thats because we set up in the wrong spot, the first stretch is pretty easy going but the further you go it gets really hairy, but once we got out there it was a matter of where to sit, it is def do able, matter a fact closer to the end of shooting time some people started walking around out there jumping ducks didnt bother us at all it acctually push a few our way, wich was nice. but like i said it is do able dress light and pack water if you plan on hopping those ponds. good luck if you need anymore info pm ill be glad to assist.

It flies it dies...............

Justin
    Dont believe this guy, he's been known to tell some "tall tales"

hahahahaha your funny!
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

where do you access 20 mile at in order to walk. I have never been there looks like a good spot to take my dad. I went out to the hay flats this afternoon did see much flying of hear any shooting.