Thread: Pilot Instruction

Cool Pilot Instruction

I am looking for inexpensive flying instruction. Can anyone help direct me to a good private instructor that would be interested? Respond to this post or email me.

They should be available to instruct from either Anchorage or Birchwood area...I live in Anchorage. Not interested in paying the big bucks for the Merrill Field guys unless somebody has words that would convince me otherwise.

Thanks

Can you believe there was a time it was free........

Default Do you have your own plane?

I know a couple of cfi's that do it on the side and dont charge very much. The expensive part is renting the plane. So, do you have your own plane to learn in?

No plane yet...probably won't be in a position to get one until early next year. Hoping that I can find an instructor that rents their own plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin High View Post
    No plane yet...probably won't be in a position to get one until early next year. Hoping that I can find an instructor that rents their own plane.
    Try Pat O'Hare at Birchwood. He has a C-172 that he rents for competitive rates, and gives a discount for purchasing block time in the a/c. He can be reached at 232-4360.

Thanks Sierra Hotel...

Any others that have leads, let me know.

Thanks,

FH

AKHUNTER: Can you please give me the names and contact numbers for those CFIs? I have my own plane.

Quote Originally Posted by A_K_H_U_N_T_E_R View Post
    I know a couple of cfi's that do it on the side and dont charge very much. The expensive part is renting the plane. So, do you have your own plane to learn in?

Default instructor

Guys, I am an instructor in the birchwood area. I am a pilot for the airlines that got started by flying in the bush. I do some instruction on the side, not very much, as the FAA won't let me, but I can certainly help anyone out. I am also an instructor for medalion foundation and am one of the PA-18 instructors. if anyone is interested give me a call on my cell 301-2254. Or stop down at precision plus at birchwood and talk to scott or mitch, they are the mechanics I work with. They know me pretty well.
    or just PM me. I am hoping I am not stretching the rules here, if I am mods just let me know

Tim

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TBLOOMA View Post
    ...I do some instruction on the side, not very much, as the FAA won't let me, but I can certainly help anyone out....

Tim
    Hi Tim,

Can you instruct? What does the "FAA won't let me" mean? Excuse my ignorance, I just don't know.

Also - Sierra Hotel...does Pat instruct or just rent a plane?

And AK Hunter...I too would be interested in the CFIs that you know as I might have access to a plane.

Sorry guys for the probably stupid questions...I am just starting to learn.

FH

for those interested in CFIs, let me talk to them tomorrow and I will pm those interested with contact numbers. Im thinking of 4 for sure that should be interested in logging some more time and making a few $$ under the table.

I should ask what type of plane you guys are going to be using. This way I can let the instructor know ahead of time. thanks

Cessna 172

SuperCub PA-18

Default Clarification

FAA wise i have to watch my hours and duty times.
    Example: I can't flight instruct all day, then go and fly a redeye down south.

anyone interested just pm me and we can set something up.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin High View Post
    Hi Tim,

Can you instruct? What does the "FAA won't let me" mean? Excuse my ignorance, I just don't know.

Also - Sierra Hotel...does Pat instruct or just rent a plane?

And AK Hunter...I too would be interested in the CFIs that you know as I might have access to a plane.

Sorry guys for the probably stupid questions...I am just starting to learn.

FH
    Pat instructs, and has a 172 (actually 2) on Birchwood.

R,

John

What about ground school? What is the cheapest option for that?

PMs sent to those I thought I might be able to help.

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

Default Kodiak?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows of someone in Kodiak. I don't have a plane now but am in the process. Just PM me and I will give you my number. Thanks

ROB