Thread: Second Camping trip with little camper.

Default Second Camping trip with little camper.

Went back to Hatchers Pass and did a little camping and hiking. Rained a bit but still had a good time. We got soaked crossing the river.... we both fell in. The wife wanted to pan for gold....found none of course. Spent 2 days and 2 nights in this spot and wasn't bothered once. Sadly it was the last time we will be going with this camper. Since my wife is now pregnant we sold the camper so we wouldn't have to pay for storage fees all winter and next year we wouldn't want to use this with an infant. All that work and already gotta sell it.

Former A.F Staff Sergeant

Inside the camper.

Original camper touches.......thought they made it look good.

Default Nice

Congrats on the little one! I have three and for that reason I am fixing up a little pop-up that we just rec'd for free dollars. It needs some freshening up, but after spending a few trips this past summer in a tent with a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and an infant we decided next summer we'd need something a little more hospitiable, especially when it rains. So I think you made the right call on selling this one before spending money all winter storing it.

I have only gone thru the hatcher pass road to willow once and that was atleast 15 years ago. Where is it that you can stop and camp? I'm always paranoid if there aren't signs telling me I can camp there beacuse I don't want a ranger or someone to come up and tell me I have to break camp and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ePatrick View Post
    Congrats on the little one! I have three and for that reason I am fixing up a little pop-up that we just rec'd for free dollars. It needs some freshening up, but after spending a few trips this past summer in a tent with a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and an infant we decided next summer we'd need something a little more hospitiable, especially when it rains. So I think you made the right call on selling this one before spending money all winter storing it.

I have only gone thru the hatcher pass road to willow once and that was atleast 15 years ago. Where is it that you can stop and camp? I'm always paranoid if there aren't signs telling me I can camp there beacuse I don't want a ranger or someone to come up and tell me I have to break camp and leave.
    Thanks....Yeah I think a fully self-contained truck camper would be better for us. Expecially when we move back down South. We'll either have to stay at my in-laws house or in our camper until we find a place to live. Camper sounds much better to me.

As far as where to camp on the Willow side of Hatchers Pass. There are a ton of pull outs along the road. Our first trip up there (seen here) http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=58944 was just down from the Mine. Or right before you start heading up the mountain from the Willow Side. This trip we set up camp closer to the Willow side. Most places will have Private Property signs up so it's not hard to find a legal spot. Just spend some time looking around. We enjoy our solitude so we avoided camping near others. One thing though, if you are coming from the Palmer Side there are signs saying you can't haul trailers up the pass. Some did though, but i would come from the Willow side. Good luck.

We had our daughter out around 50 days this summer starting on the day she turned 1 week old. If your wife plans to breast feed, it's as easy as being home and a bit nicer (IMHO). Here are a couple of pics from our little one over the summer:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    We had our daughter out around 50 days this summer starting on the day she turned 1 week old. If your wife plans to breast feed, it's as easy as being home and a bit nicer (IMHO). Here are a couple of pics from our little one over the summer:
    Great pics. Wow those kids are living the life. And I thought the few trips we took were a big deal. 50 Days with a new born ????!!!!! WOW