Thread: Our grizzly maze

Default Our grizzly maze

My wife and i just got back from a moose/bear hunt. No moose but plenty of bear. Got charged by a sow with cub 20' she stopped and turned. Had a sow and 2 large cubs walk 30' from us and not reaized that we were there until 100' away. Had a 100yrd shot at a big bear but did not take due to getting too dark. All in all 8 bears. The adrenaline rush was quite rewarding. We had a .270 and a 12ga. I think it might be time to re barrel the 300mag to come with next time. My wife was a real trooper and a good hunting partner.

Default good deal

Too bad it got dark on that one bear, but I am always glad to read about people who won't shoot at dark-thirty; too many wounded beasts. Best of all, you Main Squeeze is a good hunting partner. That makes life sooo simple. Good luck to you two.

Quote Originally Posted by pa18tony View Post
    My wife and i just got back from a moose/bear hunt. No moose but plenty of bear. Got charged by a sow with cub 20' she stopped and turned. Had a sow and 2 large cubs walk 30' from us and not reaized that we were there until 100' away. Had a 100yrd shot at a big bear but did not take due to getting too dark. All in all 8 bears. The adrenaline rush was quite rewarding. We had a .270 and a 12ga. I think it might be time to re barrel the 300mag to come with next time. My wife was a real trooper and a good hunting partner.
    Sounds like a great experience! Enjoyed reading your post. ALL OF IT.
    Joe (Ak)

Just flew over the maze and one skinned out bear in the water. Heading up for a week loaded for bear!

10 Mallards and went for bear tonight. Sow with 3 cubs. In the morning going to the honey hole. She made some agressive noises so we think there is another bear nearby.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

good luck PA.... each one is a jorney unto them self... you know the KNOW when you are hunting them...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I hope your taking the 300 this time, just wear two coats... haha, and you better take some pics to share. See next week. EP
    Hi all, Erik & Jodi

Sounds like fun

good luck!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....