Thread: Moose hunt Mt. Baldy

Default Moose hunt Mt. Baldy

Was up there today, saw no moose but lots of people. Sure will be glad when this weekend is over and it gets a little cooler. I guess there is an advantage to having tues., wed., thursdays off.
    Paul

Was up there myself. Saw 3 cows, a bunch of bear poop, 4 Jeeps, 1 Samurai, and roughly 8 wheelers to include some knucklehead blasting through 4 wheelers (including myself) on a Razor (I think) and was blocked in my parking spot by an ever courteous driver with a license plate that has but 4 letters on it. If you're on here, you know who you are and should follow the "good christian" way of doing things (like you have displayed on your back window with the little girl kneeling in front of the cross) and give other people some room to access their own trailers and vehicles. That would be courteous.

Now that I'm done with that, it was a beautiful day out there and I was able to get away from most of the people. I did find a trail cam and of course did wave a wave of hello when I thought it may take my picture. I'm very curious to know if he has any good wildlife pictures.

I saw the same guy on the razor, talk about disrespectful, but as you stated it was a beautiful day and even a bad day outdoors with the kids beats a good day at work.
    Paul

Default willow side

You guys must of been on the willow side because i was on the wasilla side and didnt see any guy on a razor. but I did see alot of guys on wheelers just riden and no hunting.

Nope Wasilla side.
    Paul

It was pretty cool to see caribou up that way when I was up there last weekend.

I wish I had seen that! Never seen Bou that far south.
    Paul

That would cool to see caribou. was up there today again seen lots of people and only 4 cows, 2 calfs, and 1 tweener bull. There was 3 guys on wheelers that were up there for just fun and getten muddy, they tore up all the mud holes and made them way worse. cant people have a little common courtesy.

Was there myself and only saw one cow with a calf (at 24 yards). The holes are getting tough in some spots. Apparently courtesy and common sense are not required.

Caribou, I thought I saw caribou tracks in hatcher pass this weekend in a mudhole. Wasn't sure if it was a small moose. Sure looked rounded and there appear to be some OLD worn game trails on the ridges. Anyone think I saw bou tracks on the north willow side??

I was on the Willow side when I saw the caribou. 5 total.

Neat, that's cool they are around. I saw there is a hunt in 14c but figured it was farther north and east. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I was on the Willow side when I saw the caribou. 5 total.
    yes you are very fortunate to see the caribou where the milling or moving out, did you get any pics.
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

No pics, but they were just feeding and moving around. They weren't in any rush. I saw 3 one day and two the next. Not sure if they were the same caribou or not.

Yeah, I have seen them up there before as well back in the 90's. Just small bands of 3 to a dozen or so.