At the risk of revealing my "secret" spot, how would you hunt the area in the attached image?
- Red line = heavily used moose trail, lots of fresh tracks every day that weren't there the day before.
- White lines = low use moose trails, but with 2- or 3-day old manure
- Blue line = moderate use moose trail, some fresh tracks and some day-old manure yesterday and today.
- The open area at C is riddled with tracks and bedding areas
- At X (approximately), I've heard heavy crashing in the brush every afternoon.
- The water is higher now than in the image; it's not safe to cross the slew anywhere right now.
- I've taken moose at a and c in previous years on opening day.
I've been out there from before sunrise to after sunset the last four days, and sunrise until 7:30 tonight, and haven't laid eyes on a single moose. I'm just curious how others would hunt this area, and who knows, maybe I'll learn something too. I'll tell you how I've been hunting it, and my theory for why I haven't seen anything after I hear some other ideas.