Thread: Alphabet Hills Moose Permit

Angry Alphabet Hills Moose Permit

I lease property in the Alphabet Hill north of Lake Louise. This year since the hunting regs changed to drawing permit only, I didn't get a chance to hunt myself, but was allowing another hunting group to use my camp and related items. When they got ready to get dropped off another camp was in place and my personal items being utilized. A PA-12 was there but the local Air Taxi didn't get a N-number. If anyone knows about this I would appreciate a PM or phone call.

Ken Perkins
    Ken's Alaskan Adventures
    907-242-3911

This camp is on land leased by you, correct? If that is so and the other party had your permission to utilize the area, why did they not tell the other party such and tell them to find another location ?

Am I missing something ?

Was your camp posted ?

Not trying to be critical or sound heartless but, leasing that property gives you every right (or the party you gave permission to)to give those people the boot.

Default Changed regs?

Yes the regs have changed only to allow some any bull permits and some limited nonresedent permits right? I believe the regs stayed the same for the normal season hunts for moose in unit 13. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by akfisher1 View Post
    Yes the regs have changed only to allow some any bull permits and some limited nonresedent permits right? I believe the regs stayed the same for the normal season hunts for moose in unit 13. Am I missing something?
    That is what I thought as well, but I haven't looked closely at the entire area. I know the area I am intending to hunt changed. The change is ONLY that they added a number of any bull permits to the already open tag hunt. There were no hunting options removed, just some more added for those lucky enough to draw the permits.

As for the leased land, I would say that if you do have a lease for the land and it is posted as such, I would kindly ask the interlopers to move on. If not posted, you can't blame then except that they shouldn't be using your equipment without permission.

Smile good thing...

It is a good thing Grampa Perk was not there to see that, the fur would have flew. Hope you get it figured out. Give me a call some day. Were heading up the Koyukuk on the 13th. "Your old Kenai friend".

Unfortunatly I wasn't the one who flew in and both the air taxi operator and the hunting party wasn't to sure what to do. How far do you push the envelope. I just wish someone would of taken the time and courtesy to do a little research and call me before they used my camp. It's not like the camp is in disaray from lack of use. I was there about 2 weeks prior to the season opening and it has been in place for over 50 years. Hate to show up this winter and have all my stuff either gone or trashed. A phone call would of alleviated alot of worry about my items in place.