Thread: delta bison information

Default delta bison information

I recieved my packet yesterday in the mail for my upcoming bison hunt. I there I recieved the list of land owners that allow hunting. Is there anyone that recomends others over others? My hunt starts Oct 1st. How should I decide where to hunt?

Does anyone recomend bringing a four wheeler on this hunt for help packing or would I be wasting my time bringing it up? Does anyone else have an expierence with this hunt that they would like to share?
    Thanks
    chris

One or two hours of cub time is cheap. You will learn all you need to know.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    One or two hours of cub time is cheap. You will learn all you need to know.
    Do you have anyone in mind that does this? What do they charge for something like that? I never really gave it much thought to fly the area..

Default Bison

We got our two within two days of the opener, both on public lands and both we were able to drive to to retrive our kills take your time and don't try to get closer with vehicle do the stalk on foot and keep the wind in your face... congrats & good luck.
    fshrman

If you start early, the public land can be a great option. It seems as though the bison spend less time on the public land as the season goes on and more on the private land, but both the Gerstle and Panoramic Fields would be worth a quick look at first light.

The Schultz farms are a great option when it comes to private land. The really nice thing about their farms is that when you show up in person to meet them (they don't take reservations in advance), they will set you up so that you are the only person authorized to hunt that field for a four day period.

I would also call as many other land owners as possible. I went along with a friend last year, and she called even those that weren't listed on the sheet as allowing hunting. We got access to a few farms that didn't appear to get any pressure from anyone else. What was ideal about that is if we were driving along and saw bison off the road, if we already had established permission we could start hunting them right away. Give yourself as many options as possible, as you never know where you might see the animals. They move around a lot, so even if you don't see any on a certain day, keep at it. They'll be around sooner or later.

Good luck.