Thread: Shipping a boat AK to WA.

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

Default Shipping a boat AK to WA.

Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get a boat shipped from Anchorage area to Tacoma-Seattle area? If you know of the names of shipping companies please let me know them. This is a 24' boat on a trailer I am not sure the over all length but I will find out.

Thanks Mike

Default Two I know of...

Northland Services / 1-800-426-3113

Alaska Marine Lines / 907-339-5150 / Anchorage

Check with the state ferry system.
    Tennessee

Default State Ferry System or U-Ship.com

The cheapest would be to find someone that will tow it back over the hiway and you pay for a portion of the fuel. Other than that I would contact a website called - http://www.uship.com/shippers.aspx

I have had real good results with the website
    How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

Default What dates

I know quite a few truckers. I might find someone needing a back haul. If you decide to pay someone to tow it down I can help with expences if they will tow a trailer back for me.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkiller View Post
    I know quite a few truckers. I might find someone needing a back haul. If you decide to pay someone to tow it down I can help with expences if they will tow a trailer back for me.
    How big is the trailer? Where is it at? How old is it and what shape is it in? I might be interested in towing it up half way and you towing the boat to meet me. I have not bought the boat yet I would rather get it shipped but it depends on how much it costs. The boat probably weighs around 6000#.

Mike

Default Ferry System

I shipped last winter from Seattle to Whittier. It was a 27 SeaSport Pilot. 35feet overall with trailer. Cheapest way was the ferry. I got some quotes from people who would pull it,(youship) but it was not worth it. Wear and tear, tires, chips etc... With the ferry, you have to hire somebody to transfer it in Juneau from one ferry to another.$100 bucks or so if I remember right. DO NOT USE Capital Towing. Damaged my trailer and refused to pay for it. Other than that, it was quick and worry free.

Default re

It would be a new 20' enclosed trailer from Blazer trailer sales. I just bought one and had it brought up and I would like another. I will look into finding someone to do the driving. I dont have the time.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Where are they located?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post
    Northland Services / 1-800-426-3113

Alaska Marine Lines / 907-339-5150 / Anchorage
    Thanks for the info there is a big difference in price between these 2
    Alaska Marine Lines $5500 Northland services $2140.

Mike

I'm shipping a 34' boat to Anchorage next year and Northland was by far the cheapest of everyone I called. I'll be going with them.