Thread: October fishing

Default October fishing

Question for the masses. I'll be returning in October from a 5 month deployment that took me away from all summer fishing oppertunities in Alaska ....I want to know if there will still be any trout hitting on the valley steams or any silvers to be had in the Kenai. I have two weeks off when I get back and want to spend all of it fishing since I missed the whole summer. Would really appreciate some help on where to target some late season trout and or silvers. Thanks in advance
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Dont worry.

There will be some left for you.

The lakes will start to get hot for bows really soon.

Plenty of fat trouts in the kenai system and silvers too. Plus the crowds thin out too
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Also might want to check Whittier for silvers from shore. They can run into November there.

The Mat-Su Valley lakes, Finger in particular, wer red hot for bows last year in Oct. Just troll real slow with the smallest diving plug you can find.

Thanks for all the replys. Whittier does sound interesting, might have to give that a try. Deffinitely will be hitting the Kenai for a couple days, but should I waste my time on any of the valley streams? Those are my favorite ones to fish. Sheep and goose in particular. I would think there would be some trout with hungry mouths up there fattening up for winter or would they be gourged on salmon eggs already?

You haven't been taking advantage of all that fishing out there in Guam? Shoot me a PM and you can roll with some of us guys from Elmo when you get back. We tend to fish Whittier through mid-October.

P.S. Tell TSgt Lopez that Larsen said "hi" and that I'll be dragging his arse to Whittier too.

Right on Larsen...yea I been doing a lot of tuna and marlin fishing here (but it does not compare to alaska). Lopez actually caught a marlin a couple months ago. I'll give him a shout for you. We're usually drinking a lot outside the dorms

Well I'm back in the last frontier and have been doing well on the kenai...been getting dollies and trout on flesh flies...just wish there was somewhere closer to anchorage it's too **** expensive to drive down to the kenai anymore