Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Beach River Montague Island

  1. #1
    Member tccak71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,174

    Question Beach River Montague Island

    Does anyone know the width or depth of Beach River on Montague Island? Can you just walk across it? Is it wide or deep? Are there silvers or trout in it? Anyone have pictures of the area?

    Thanks for the info,

    Tim

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Eagle River<AK
    Posts
    285

    Default Beach River

    PM sent regarding the river.

  3. #3
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    In November I can walk across Beach River in hip boots at the mouth and crossed it about a mile upstream in my knee high boots. I didn't fish that late in the year, but there is a good population of river otters there and that points to a trout population of some sort.



    This is a pic of the beach just south of the river. All land around the cabin except for 40 acres or so, is owned by the Chugach Native Corp and an access permit is required.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

  4. #4

    Wink

    As with any of the rivers on the islands, water levels change every few hundred yards. If for some reason you find you cannot get across a creek or river, try going out into the salt where it forms a delta, at low tide. You can usually cross these spots with tenny shoes and never get your feet wet.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member tccak71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Thanks guys that helps. Sounds like we don't need to bring a raft to cross the river. Maybe chest waders will be the way to go as we'd like to try a little duck hunting too possibly.

    Yep, got the trespass permit too.

    Tim

  6. #6
    Member AKDoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Talkeetna
    Posts
    5,714

    Default

    Good deal. Dave Philips is easy to deal with and does a great job for Chugach. If you find a pair of chest waders out there they might belong to my buddy He left his hanging in a tree one night and then it blew over 60mph... never did find his waders..LOL..
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •