Thread: DB222 Uganik bay

Default DB222 Uganik bay

Does anyone have any experiance with Bear hunting in this area? Were will the bears in this area on october 25. I am trying to decide between south arm, campbell lagoon and north east arm. If you have hunted in this area I would greatly appreciate your imput. Thanks

make one call, to john crye or larry vandeale on kodiak, they are the bios and will give you some great insight.
    another idea i run past guys is contact the guide working that area and let him know your plans. some guides have camps they can't up and move due to permit restrictions or what not, if you call and let them know your plans and let them know you don't want to hunt on top of them..sometimes if the guides are cool, they'll offer you some pointers that'll be the best info you ever coulda got, most guys want to work with folks who are polite about hunting on top of each other. might get some clue to where they might be, how to hunt alone and maybe a spot that they'd recommend that they won't be using...worth a shot!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Thanks BRWNBR I will call these guys today

Brnbear gives good advise- Dick and Sam Rohrer have that guide area. Really fair,ethical guides and a credit to the guide industry. Contact Dick.

There is a great video featuring the Rohrer's camp. It got me pumped for my trip to Uganik Island.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author