Thread: Alaska Brooks Range Hunt...!

Default Alaska Brooks Range Hunt...!

This is my fisrt Sheep and was my first trip to Alaska. I hope its not my last. My outfitter was Rick French "Alaska Alpine Outfitters" and my packer
    was Dustin Mcleod "Alaskan Raven Guides" Rick is a first class guy and Outfitter made me feel more like a long time friend than a client I owe you a world of THANKS. Dustin was a load of laughs GREAT guy to be around.B.M.F.(Big Mother ) HUMAN BILLY GOAT. A trip of a life time. Thanks guys. Hope all enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Might fine looking Ram. Job well done! That smile says it all.

Congrats! Glad you had a great hunt and took home a nice ram.

Default Wow

Nice Sheep - can't believe you let some young whippersnapper carry your sheep out for ya tho

Default Representing SE

Way to highlight the skills of a SE hunter. Dustin is a SE Alaskan man 100% and knows a thing or two about climbing mountains. He runs the hills down here after goats and deer.

I was climbing in the rocks this week and thinking how much easier it was to run the mountains of the Brooks. The rock here in SE is much more unpredictable.

Congrats on a fine trophy. I ran into Dustin at the airport on the return from helping you. He had a good time from the sounds of it.

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.

I am 39 yrs old and soaking wet am only 138# after Dinner,and a beer or two. Dustin was 3 times the the size of me I am thankfull for all his help. "Billy Goat" of a man is an understatement the boy can CLIMB.....! I have always dreamed of coming to Alaska. IT WAS AND THE POEPLE I MEET EVERYTHING I WAS HOPEING IT WOULD BE. This forum the poeple on it made this all happen.
    I THANK YOU ALL.

Congrats!!! I don't know whats better, getting your sheep or hanging out with Rick French...thanks for sharing the pics

Nice job from a fellow michigander

SWEET SHEEP

Thumbs up

Good sheep. From a non-res point of view, do you think you could have successfully hunted sheep without a guide? This age old question comes up real regular from non-res, as to why a guide is required. So it would be good to hear from those that actually care to comment.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default Nice!

Great sheep! I got to meet Dustin as he got "smoked" out in Anchorage and drove up from Anchorage to Fairbanks with my sheep partner from Sitka. Dustin sure is a good guy! I hope to get down there and hit the goat mountains at some point. Been a long time since I had a goat on the ground!

Default Rick French....

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Congrats!!! I don't know whats better, getting your sheep or hanging out with Rick French...thanks for sharing the pics
    LOL, thats funny. That is a tough one for sure. I know I've watched Black Shale White Sheep on my computer a million times over here in Afghanistan. Its my Inspiration! Sure would be nice to meet him someday, after i finally move back to AK.

Those Michigan Dogs know how to hunt.

Thumbs up Chip off the ol' man

Sounds like a great trip... Dustin's Dad (Scott McLeod - 'Raven') and I had some fine hunts and great camaraderie on rugged mountain and coastal trips with the late Ben Forbes out of Sitka back in the day... appears Dustin is a chip off his Big guide Dad... first class all the way! Congrats!

FANTASTIC! Don't you love it when a plan comes together - good job.

Good story and really nice sheep, congrats! Next time I'm back home I'll have to look you up