Thread: Glock 21 .45acp to a Glock 20 10mm conversion

Question Glock 21 .45acp to a Glock 20 10mm conversion

What is the best route to do this? I have a Glock 21 now but would like to convert it to 10mm. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_HUNTERIAM View Post
    What is the best route to do this? I have a Glock 21 now but would like to convert it to 10mm. Thanks!
    Dude, you are going to be in such trouble with the 45 ACP guys!

(I like the 10mm better, but don't know how to do a conversion).

Default Go to Lone Wolf

I believe it is as simple as buying a new slide and barrel. Once you have the new slide there is 3 different barrels you could use for the 10mm, .40 and dillion, maybe even the 9mm. Would be cheaper than buying a new gun by far!

You have two choices:

1. Get a new slide and barrel. I know that glockstore.com has replacement slides, I haven't been able to find them anywhere else. Aftermarket or replacement barrels aren't too hard to find.

2. I know that KKM makes drop in 10mm barrels for Glock 21s, this is the more common route.

Don't forget to buy 10mm magazines.

The choice is yours, but a slide and barrel will run you ~$350 for parts. This is roughly double the price of a conversion barrel, glockmeister.com is currently selling conversion barrels for $170.
    Surviving one day at a time with a PhD in Physics.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxon View Post
    You have two choices:

1. Get a new slide and barrel. I know that glockstore.com has replacement slides, I haven't been able to find them anywhere else. Aftermarket or replacement barrels aren't too hard to find.

2. I know that KKM makes drop in 10mm barrels for Glock 21s, this is the more common route.

Don't forget to buy 10mm magazines.

The choice is yours, but a slide and barrel will run you ~$350 for parts. This is roughly double the price of a conversion barrel, glockmeister.com is currently selling conversion barrels for $170.
    If the #2 choice is done, I still will need the 10mm slide or is that barrel as thick as the .45 one? I want to get a barrel I can shoot lead in also so Glock barrels would be a no no. Hard cast lead would be my woods "medium" carry. .45 then would be for targets or home protection.
    "EDIT"
    I just read on the website and it appears they are saying just straight drop in, and all I would need is a 10mm mag. Question is would I have to change the extractor or would the .45 slide one be right on? I see they mention extractor change in 9mm or .40 ...
    Last edited by THE_HUNTERIAM; 09-04-2009 at 13:19. Reason: cause

If the #2 choice is done, I still will need the 10mm slide or is that barrel as thick as the .45 one? I want to get a barrel I can shoot lead in also so Glock barrels would be a no no. Hard cast lead would be my woods "medium" carry. .45 then would be for targets or home protection.
    "EDIT"
    I just read on the website and it appears they are saying just straight drop in, and all I would need is a 10mm mag. Question is would I have to change the extractor or would the .45 slide one be right on? I see they mention extractor change in 9mm or .40 ...
    If you change it for the 40 then same would be true for the 10 since they are the same round except for the length and powder charge.

Don't know about Glock but 10s and 40s feed fine from some 45 mags so I would check and see if you need a 10mm mag or not. My EAA 45 mag wont but a friend’s 45 EAA feeds 10 and 40 just as good as it feeds 45s.

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

The barrel conversion is a direct drop in and your gun will work with 10mm. However the 10mm slide is thicker in some areas than the 45 slide. This makes it heavier for proper functioning under recoil. For off the shelf 10mm loads it's probably no problem. For the really hot stuff it might make a difference.

If you are going to use it with hot loads I would buy the complete upper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack49 View Post
    The barrel conversion is a direct drop in and your gun will work with 10mm. However the 10mm slide is thicker in some areas than the 45 slide. This makes it heavier for proper functioning under recoil. For off the shelf 10mm loads it's probably no problem. For the really hot stuff it might make a difference.

If you are going to use it with hot loads I would buy the complete upper.
    Good to know! Thanks!

http://www.guncrafterindustries.com/sneakpreview.shtml

How about this for a carry round?

First off, I'm a numbers guy that does realize the limitations of the numbers and nothing can replace hard evidence from the field. Secondly, I'm not trying to be an ass, so here goes.

Until I see some actual penetration tests for the .50GI, I'm not that impressed. Just judging by the numbers, it is trying to replace .45 acp which isn't going to happen. Guncrafter Industries does claim to be able to push the round into the ME realm of the .44 mag, but I don't buy that, especially since the operating pressure is on par with .45 acp at 15,000 psi. If you hot loaded it, I think you might best the 10mm, but that's doubtful since the 10 has a maximum case pressure of 37,500psi and .45 acp maxes out at 21,000 psi (SAAMI gives +p rounds 23,000psi).

Novelty, yes, practical, maybe.

I still vote 10mm for a semi-auto pistol.

I like the 50 caliber part but performance will be very limited by small case volume and low operating pressures.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Anybody carry Desert Eagle .50A&E up there?

I don't because they are as heavy as my S&W 460V, I would not feel under gunned with one. There are a number of guys that do pack them in 44 and 50.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Don't know, but at 4-1/2 lbs loaded, it's: half as heavy as my 340 wby rifle; 1-1/2 times as heavy as my 7-1/2" Freedom Arms .454 Cassul; and 2 times as heavy as my G20 10mm. I don't see the value of a 4-1/2 lb handgun relative to other options, but maybe I'm missing something.

Default Glock 20 to 45 acp

After reading some of the posts on converting a 45 to a 10mm. Can i do the same with the my G20 to 45 acp?
    Does any one out there have a conversion they want to sell that isn't shot out?

any comments are appreciated.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by alaskadaddy View Post
    After reading some of the posts on converting a 45 to a 10mm. Can i do the same with the my G20 to 45 acp?
    Does any one out there have a conversion they want to sell that isn't shot out?

any comments are appreciated.

Jeff
    This conversion requires a complete 45 slide and barrel.

Jack59 is right, it requires a complete slide. .45 acp is .05" wider and will not eject properly.