Thread: Rifle Scope Issue is driving me CRAZY...!

Default Rifle Scope Issue is driving me CRAZY...!

I have a Remington model seven w/Talley "low" rings and base's The scope is 30MM 1.5 X 6 and when I have the scope set on 1.5 power I can see the end of my barrel. Is this common....? It is driving me nuts, I have thought about shimming the scope up or moving up to medium rings. Mounting a scope is not rocket science so I feel I have done everything right. This is my first 30MM scope I love the clarity. I guess I could always
    put a 1" tube scope on it. Anyone have this problem or have any suggestions....? ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Yes it's very common with any low power setting. It isn't the 30mm tube and higher mounts won't help. Just ignore the barrel and focus on the reticle. That's a lot of scope for a model seven why the 30 mm tube.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Well….. quit looking at it! Like Murphy said, that is perfectly normal for a low power scope, and you will find that after awhile you wont even notice it any more. I have a 2 x 7 lupy on my 375H&H with a 24” barrel and open sights, so it’s barrel and front sight are very prominent in the sight picture at 2 x, but I really only notice it the first couple of times I look thru it every year. Once you get to shooting you will find that you focus far more on the target and the reticle and the veiw of the barrel pretty much mentaly just goes away.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Smile yup...

Like they said, quit looking at it and focus on the target. The 1.5x5 and 1.75x6 Leupolds I have both show the end of the barell and my front sight when on low power. Kind of comforting to know it is there! Like Murphy said, that is a lot of scope for a Mod. 7, but if you like it then go for it.

Plus three...

Thanks for the replies/advise. I won the scope and did not have one for the gun. So it just made sense for me to use it. The scope is awsome, expecially in the low light. Clear is an understatment. If I could have sold it I would have, cause I could never aford to buy one at todays prices. I got lucky once in my life. The barrel only shows up when it it set on 1.5 goes away before 3 which is where it is normally at. But when I do go down to 1.5 and your trying to aim I think its a stick in the way and it is actually the barrel. bothers me, I thought I did something wrong in the mounting. I will no longer worry about it.

Thanks agian to all for your advise.