Thread: 168gr TSX a definate winner on moose!

Default 168gr TSX a definate winner on moose!

Tagged a moose today using my 168gr TSX load out of my 300 RUM. I've been loading the 168 TSX with retumbo for 3470fps. Shot a fork horn bull this morning at 150-160 yards, fairly hard quartering away shot thru the stomach out the far shoulder, grass particals pushed out exit wound roughly 1/2-3/4" exit. Second shot was a texas heart shot as it lumbered away thru right ham out just in front of left shoulder small exit less then 1/2". Last shot at about 50 yards hit just behind left shoulder exit in front of right shoulder 3/4" diameter, about 3" in front of first exit wound. Moose reared up and fell over backwards after last shot. Total distance traveled was 40-50 yards. All exited and showed sign of expansion, and devestating internal damage of lungs.

I was pretty impresed with this bullets performance. It is very flat shoting and extremely accurate. It is by far the most accurate bullet I have shot out of my RUM reguarly shooting sub 2" groups at 300 yards. Its penetration of full length stem to stern was really impressive as well as the shot thru the full stomach. I can't think of a better bullet for all around use out of any of the 300 magnums.

Sadly no recovered bullets so no cool pictures!!!

Way to go Josh!

Congadulations,

Have you tried the 180 E-Tips? A little tougher bullet than the TSX. Might be good coming out of your 300 RUM. I think they open just a little more than the TSX's also. Anyway, sound like you already have a winning combo.

I'll be trying the 180 E-Tips and 200 AB's out of my RUM. I'll post results when I get them.

-MR