Thread: Fly -In Request

Default Fly -In Request

I have a good moose spot that my friend and I are wanting to access; problem is that we don't have a plane to get to it... the details are simple, leave Palmer Municipal and have about a 1/2 hour flight at most to a marginal airstrip then return in 6 days to pick up. We're wanting to leave the afternoon of the 13th and be picked up the afternoon of the 19th. I know everyone is going to suggest an air taxi but we are trying to keep costs low because we're like every other 'shmo trying to save some bucks. Please PM me if you are interested in a gas money reimbursement and good spot for legal moose (some have some good size to them).
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Robb View Post
    to a marginal airstrip.

Default Anyone?

Okay, seriously; I got the information from an area game biologist - it is good info... still any takers?
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default info

1st, Any place that can be landed on within 30 minutes of town, gets landed on. There just are not that many secret spots near town. Last year I watched 3 moose(legal moose) for a week before season 40 minutes from town to watch 5 camps put on these 3 moose the day before season.

2nd, Let me go in a marginal strip and haul out a moose taking a chance on wrecking my plane.

3rd, You legally could only split fuel and oil cost.

Good luck

Terry

Default Well....

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    1st, Any place that can be landed on within 30 minutes of town, gets landed on. There just are not that many secret spots near town. Last year I watched 3 moose(legal moose) for a week before season 40 minutes from town to watch 5 camps put on these 3 moose the day before season.

2nd, Let me go in a marginal strip and haul out a moose taking a chance on wrecking my plane.

3rd, You legally could only split fuel and oil cost.

Good luck

Terry
    I guess it is safe to say that we'll be scratching you off the list.

Anyone else willing to spot this place first with me?

I just read your request - I hope you didn't get anyone to take you to your secret spot... To get two of you and maybe a moose in and out of a marginal strip will take more than a couple trips depending on the a/c. That;s a lot of wear and tear and risk just for a few bucks for gas.

Think about it before you talk somebody into risking his aircraft and more on your moose hunt. Does he have insurance? What if he piles it up on t/o because you talked him into taking "one more quarter"?

You should want a professional to fly with, they have the experience, the insurance, a rescue plan in case it doesn't go according to plan, and most of all, the discipline to stay out of trouble with passengers like you that want to go on the cheap.

My $.02.