Thread: canoe's an motors ??

Default canoe's an motors ??

I see a lot of peopls on this web site with a outboard motor an lift on a canoe what I would like to know is on trips how many props do you take with you I took at least 3 an some times 4 when I was running the big lakes up by Glenallen I would use all 4

# 2 has any one ever had one of the rubber hubs go bad on you [rubber hub is in side of the prop] on OMC & Merk. & other outboard motors

I take 2 on a 3 to 5 day trip. Lots of rocky rivers in the midwest. Glacial deposits abound. My hun did go bad once on my merc 6hp but wasn't too far from camp

Default props

thanks for the info

SID

Default 3

We use three "different" props for where we go (you know the area). Lake, River, and Creek props. All start out as "lake" props out of the box, but after a few encounters with a shallow gravel bar or rock, they graduate to "river" props. Once they have spent their due time as river props and found a good number more gravel bars and boulders, they have earned their classification as "creek" props.

We will bring one of each per motor for our trips and change them out depending on the venue we are traveling on.

Default Props

have you or friends ever lost the hub on the prop ??? [rubber insert of prop]

SID