Thread: DEC Septic Info

Smile DEC Septic Info

I work for ADEC, my name is Jade Gamble and I am the contact for the approved homeowner program. There has been a lot of incorrect info put forth on this website and what the requirements are and who can install a septic syste. The state law does say that only a certified installer, engineer or approved homeowner can install a system. The approved homeowner program is very easy process and only cost $65 to get certified to do your own system. Here's the ADEC onsite website with additional information on this topic. http://www.dec.state.ak.us/water/wwdp/onsite/index.htm Please review this site. I deal with many calls everyday from folks that get incorrect information and have done things incorrectly and are now having to pay to get them fixed because they are selling their home or they are having issues with their system not working correctly.

Most of the post on this website regarding size of tank, slope of sewer line, separation distances and size and design of absorption area are incorrect. Please review the above website for correct information. If you have questions please contact someone from your local ADEC office, we are very happy to help! Our goal is to improve and protect Alaska's water quality.

Thank you for your input.

Your welcome. I just want to get the correct information out there. There are many people that are not aware of the current regulations and find out the hard way. I'd sure like to help people avoid that.

thank you for the info ..