Thread: Electronic Calls

Default Electronic Calls

Was thinking about going out for some dogs this winter and wanted to hear some opinions regarding electronic calls. Not wanting to spend a ton of money in the beginning, I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the all in one calling systems available through Cabelas or locally at Sportsmans. I realize they may not have the range, but are they effective? I've scouted out some areas that have open spaces enabling 200-400 yard shots and have a .25-06 that drives tacks out to 400 yds. I have skinned them in the past and know how to stretch and dry. Thinking a call, motion decoy and lots of camo, and I should be ready.

I have a foxpro and I like it

Search the forums, there were several long threads on do-it-yourself electronic callers. $70-$100 range.

I have a power dogg and a foxpro caller. I like both of them and use both of them. The foxpro is a better caller but quite a bit more expensive than the power dogg. I use a motion decoy all the time and have had pretty good results. My rifle is a savage model 25 in 223, and I do have and AR also but tend to stay with the savage.

Good luck with the dogs, and hopefully you get some. We start yote season here in 4 weeks and I'm already excited and out scouting the area.

Art

Default Home Built

Try this thread for home built. I love mine

http://alaska-frontier-trappers-asso...php?topic=17.0