Thread: Where to buy MSR iso-butane near ANC airport?

Default Where to buy MSR iso-butane near ANC airport?

I am flying up in a few weeks, renting car, and heading down to the Kenai. I need to pick up some iso-butane cannisters for my MSR Windpro. Can anyone suggest a convenient location to do this? Getting in late so I don't want to drive around too much to get fuel. Hoping there might be some place on the way out of town. Thanks for any thoughts.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

What time of day? Walmart carries iso cans, so does Fred meyer. Sportsmans is on the way out if town and rei is lose by if you make it in during the day.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thanks man. We will be leaving the airport around 1700 and heading down to the Kenai. Hoping to get down before to late and get camp set up. Pop open a few cold ones and relax. Just didn't want to hang out in Anch more than needed.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

You won't have any problem getting them in kenai, might nit have the msr label but they'll work. I've seen them in both walmat and freds in kenai.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Just didn't want to hang out in Anch more than needed.
    Most of us feel the same way. Good luck with your trip. Oh and Marc taylor sells Isobutane as well and is a 1/3 of a mile from Sportsmans.

Thanks man. Where is Marc? Wiggies? etc.. is all I can remember. Name the shop and I will hit him up for sure. Little guys need the money more than box stores

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Thanks man. Where is Marc? Wiggies? etc.. is all I can remember. Name the shop and I will hit him up for sure. Little guys need the money more than box stores
    Wiggy's is on the East side of Old Seward just North of Dimond. Address is 8225 Old Seward Hwy. Phone # is 907 336-1330.

Thanks Dave

Any time Dan. My job in Valdez just blew up today - still trying to figure out if we can hook up in Sept. I'm thinking I can still make it happen.

Later

I will hope that works out. It would be great to meet you. Shoot me a PM when you firm up plans. I will have internet access until Sept 9th.

In the Soldotna area, Fred Meyers, Wilderness Way and I believe Trustworthy Hardware carries the iso fuel.

Thanks for the info man. I do appreciate it.

Barney's has it as well on Northern Lights Blvd.

Brett