Thread: Geese

Default Geese

I live in Anchorage and see geese all of the time. This is my second season duck hunting here and I've got my duck spots, but never see any geese while duck hunting. Where is a good place to look? Not looking to take anyone's spot, just need some general guidance as I am new to this.

Thanks.

I see a flock fly over my house almost every night heading towards the ACWR...about 30 minutes after legal shoot time and they return about 30 minutes before shoot time the next morning. Well educated geese I guess. Now if we could hunt soccer fields, church lawns, and grassy parks around town we'd be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    I see a flock fly over my house almost every night heading towards the ACWR...about 30 minutes after legal shoot time and they return about 30 minutes before shoot time the next morning. Well educated geese I guess. Now if we could hunt soccer fields, church lawns, and grassy parks around town we'd be in business.
    So so true, I see them everywhere but the field...

Default Agreed

I have never had a chance at a goose either in the ACWR or the Palmer Hay Flats. It seems they hang out way out at the tide line. They take off early in the morning and go back out late at night. By the time they get to where the ducks are, they are way too high, because they are looking forward to the bluff.

Occasionally, someone I know will pick one up at the Anchorage flats, but I think it's pretty rare. If you do find some, let me know! I love 'em!

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.