Thread: Heading to Quartz.....wish me luck

Default Heading to Quartz.....wish me luck

well went to sportsmans and looked at all the bead, grabed the ones that were almost out, hoping they would be the best ones, some peach and caramel colored ones. let you guys know how i did tonight.

My son and I went on Sunday..... released about a dozen. Caught most of them on 8mm dark roe.

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    well went to sportsmans and looked at all the bead, grabed the ones that were almost out, hoping they would be the best ones, some peach and caramel colored ones. let you guys know how i did tonight.
    I was at Sportsman's Warehouse and noticed they didn't have any mottle beads. They worked well for me last weekend on the Kenai. If your luck isn't very good, go to World Wide Angler or stop at Troutfitter's in Cooper Landing for thier hand painted beads. I bought a few of the clay beads from WWA. I'll be intersted to see how they work this weekend.

well the fish were in there, just couldn't get them to bite much, they all swam up checked it out and swam off. I managed to get one nice dollie and hooked into about a 10lb raindow for a few seconds,

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post

they all swam up checked it out and swam off.

That is fishing sometimes

Might want to try some different size/color beads next time. Sounds like they wanted to play.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

yeah i tried just about every color/size today. talked to a few people who said they were having the same problem today. They fished 2 days ago and didn't have that problem, so not sure what it was today

I am coming up to fish the Upper Kenai for about 9 days soon. Been putting a bead kit together. Hard to do and I guess variety is the key. Reminds me of the saying, "The fishing was fantastic, but the catching was off". Hey, still a great way to spend the day no matter what
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

as danattherock said, troutfitters is a great shop, its in cooper landing, kinda small easy to miss but my favorite place to get stuff