Thread: Temple Fork Outfitters teams with Loomis

Default Temple Fork Outfitters teams with Loomis

Gary Loomis is working with TFO to produce a new line of spinning rods to target the Alaska market. The rods should hit the market next summer.

Here's a blurb from the press release:
    Gary probably said it best: "All I have ever wanted to do was build the best rods available for everyone to fish. Through TFO, I am able to deliver a true performance rod that once cost three times as much. Working with TFO allows me to put high-quality rods in the hands of potential anglers that otherwise would not have access to this kind of gear. It is these new anglers that through their enjoyment of the sport, will help us protect our threatened fisheries."

These rods should be around $100 and built to Gary Loomis' standards by TFO.

It sounds like we may gain access to quality spinning gear for the budget minded consumer.

Thoughts?
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default TFO Spinning Rod

I hope it is better quality than the 3 piece TFO spinning rod that I have two of. I have had it broken by a big chum two years in a row!!

Talking Doc

Hopefully it wasn't the same chum?

Default thought

Yeah, G Loomis sucks the big one.

Jk, i actually have 3 g loomis... 1 broken, 1 broken 3 times but warrantied, and 1 ole trusty lake trout rod of mine. other than that my girlfriend loves her tfo and i think every1 i have let use that rod has caught big fish on that little 5 wt....... **** good rod for the price.
    Go Fish

A friend of mine and I both have TFO fly rods, the professional series I think. Anything, they are great rods. I have no complaints given they were only $150. They perform like much higher end rods.

Default TFO Rods

No problem with TFO fly rod. I have a 6 wt and have gotten good service out of it. I was speaking about the TFO 3 piece spinning rod. It has broken both times where the middle section fits into the upper section ferrule.

Docbob

Default TFO

I purchased the 3 pc casting rod in the 8-17lb and 10-25lb model. I broke the smaller rod on a 12 lb silver on the Kenai. Rod was replaced within a week. The following year I broke the same model on an 18 lb king on Vancouver Island. Replaced within a week. TFO has a great lifetime guarantee and for the price a great deal. Now I have to remember to use the heavier model when fishing the bigger salmon.