Thread: Nancy Lake??

Default Nancy Lake??

Always heard stories about nancy lake but never had time to try. big fan of pike fishing..heck any kind of fish is great fun!!! any ideas what part of nancy lake system i should hit up or tips with bait would be great. thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter530 View Post
    Always heard stories about nancy lake but never had time to try. big fan of pike fishing..heck any kind of fish is great fun!!! any ideas what part of nancy lake system i should hit up or tips with bait would be great. thanks in advance!
    I haven't had much luck on Nancy for Pike. I have caught a few small ones though. There is some real weedy stuff down where the lake drains into the creek though, you might try that. The salmon should be coming into the lake soon if they haven't already. You can't catch salmon in the lake but I'm pretty sure you can fish for pike over there (check the regs before you go.)
    Try Long Lake over by Willow. There are some pretty good sized Pike over there. I haven't fished it during this time of year. I usually ice fish for Pike.

Any lure that moves (I use rapalas) or hearing under a bobber should do the job.
    That's what she said...

The water temp and time of year dictate what stuff you need to use. Right now you might try herring under a bobber, and a Rapala twitched about slowly. With the water having cooled down the fishing should be pretty good... if you can find the fish.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.