Thread: Simply Rugged Shell Holders

Default Simply Rugged Shell Holders

Hey folks. I wanted to ask about this in here instead of going to the MFR with this question. The reason is because I like to see all the different answers and fixes I might get. I know Mr. Leahy would give me a perfect answer in a second, but I like seeing what the answers are elsewhere sometimes.
    I just got 2 of their belt slide cartridge holders this week, one in 45-70, the other in 375 H&H. I can tell you this, they are great quality and so far I am impressed. My question is how to loosen them up just a little bit??? I put shells in them today and thought I would leave them for a few days. But they are tight as it can get. I can't hardly get a bullet out of there now that they are in there. If I was really needing to get a reload started, I would be screwed.. I would have to use a hammer or a prybar or something..
    any idears for this?? Anyone have any of his products?
    Thanks!

I had the same problem with an ammo carrier made for my guide gun. Too tight at first to get the rounds in and out of. I worked the ammo in and out at 5-10 degree angles perhaps. They opened up enough to get the rounds in/out reasonably well. Then up on a float trip in NW temps got into the low 30's and I had two rounds fall out of the holder. Still up there somewhere and it makes me sick. I prefer leaving footprints, not live rounds of ammo. Proceed with caution. I would contact the manufacturer for suggestions. Otherwise you could end up like me with a nice piece of leather that has 550 paracord woven in it to secure the rounds
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Shell Loops

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    I had the same problem with an ammo carrier made for my guide gun. Too tight at first to get the rounds in and out of. I worked the ammo in and out at 5-10 degree angles perhaps. They opened up enough to get the rounds in/out reasonably well. Then up on a float trip in NW temps got into the low 30's and I had two rounds fall out of the holder. Still up there somewhere and it makes me sick. I prefer leaving footprints, not live rounds of ammo. Proceed with caution. I would contact the manufacturer for suggestions. Otherwise you could end up like me with a nice piece of leather that has 550 paracord woven in it to secure the rounds

I would imagine that's why he made mine so tight, to keep ammo from falling out. I checked it this morning and they seem a little more able to slide in and out. I like this thing, the quality is very impressive.