Thread: New hunter

Default New hunter

Well Tracy is licensed and ready to go. I figured she would only be willing to chase small game but when she found out the moose tags didn't cost more she asked for one!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Thumbs up

Big Mistake.
    Once she finds out how easy it is and how much fun there is to be had, you'll have a hard time slipping out of the house for a day on your own.
    Hope she gets a moose on the very first outing.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Brother she already follows me on ever hunt she can! All this changes is now I have some help fillin' the freezer.

Seriously I'm very proud of Tracy, she has come a long way from the Detroit born and raised city girl I first met and who wouldn't want there best friend on a hunt...........in fact this may just change my whole stance on hunting solo!
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Seriously I'm very proud of Tracy, she has come a long way from the Detroit born and raised city girl I first met and who wouldn't want there best friend on a hunt...........in fact this may just change my whole stance on hunting solo!
    Glad to hear that another man's wife from the city has fully embraced the outdoors way of life. I love having my wife along, and she certainly was a huge help in filling the freezer this year with her caribou. I wish the same success upon Tracy as Sara has enjoyed. May your freezer be full and your marriage a stronger one due to your time together afield!

Brian

I think sharing hunts leads to a greater understanding of our better halves, improves the view and warms the nights.

That being said goats and sheep are still strictly a solo hunt for me. If Tracy can come through like Sara did I'll be spending allot more time above treeline!
    BHA Member

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hey mine is still bent i knocked her up two years ago.... cruising the ponds today searching for her cow... she said... well maybe next year...

you know the one bad thing about her cow tag i did not take into account

was she is limited to ONLY that area... she can not hunt a bull and can not hunt a cow outside that zone...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Tracy trail bossing a glacier hike 7 months prego! Having a bun in the oven dosen't slow her down at all.

Her OBGYN was not very pleased about this trip!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member

Brian

I think sharing hunts leads to a greater understanding of our better halves, improves the view and warms the nights.

That being said goats and sheep are still strictly a solo hunt for me. If Tracy can come through like Sara did I'll be spending allot more time above treeline!
    HAHA..don't worry Rick. My wife's the same way. 2 years ago she didn't even enjoy climbing up the mountains due to vertigo and feeling unstable. Now she'll follow me up the sheep/goat mountains in all but the nasty crags. It'll come with time as well. Congrats on getting her all set with liscense and tags, always fun to have the wife along on the hunt. Best hunting partner I can think of. Plus don't mind cuddling in the tent for warmth, get a little awkward with anyone else.

Good luck to Tracy, Rick, and glad to see another woman and partner join the hunting ranks.

I must be the odd one out......I got my Denver city boy husband interested in hunting. He'd never even contemplated it before he met me.

Having a bun in the oven dosen't slow her down at all.
    My fiancee is the same way. Pregnant or not,s he's still up for a weekend in the woods. She's begging me to setup a fly-in caribou trip for our 1yr anniversary nextfall. Not sure what to do. I don't think she realizes how much more work I'd hafta pull.

Congrats
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

pregnant is one thing... one bad trip where the skeeters tried to eat the baby and she wont do it any more.. not till lil one is older and not such a worry

but she has a 7mm hanging by the door incase one wanders through while i am out with the gilrs...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here