OK, as you know I didn't connect on my ram this year. So I'm already planning for next year! Looking for some advice, and I may as well start looking for a partner--seems like no one I know is "motivated" enough to sheep hunt. Of course it's still a long way off, but just to plant the idea...

Here are my initial ideas for the hunt. Not at all tied to any of these yet.

1) Unit 26C/ANWR. Highest cost of all my ideas probably. What are the options on air services to get in, and which would you recommend? I know Wright flies out of Fairbanks. What are the options out of Happy Valley, Prudhoe, etc. and are they cheaper? Also, what are the odds of getting an incidental, such as bear, wolf, or caribou in this area?

2) Ptarmigan, Rock, or Braye Lake area in the Nutzotins. I've heard a bit about the area, but not too much. Again, what is the best way to access? And incidentals?

3) Do a combination sheep/goat hunt in unit 11. I like the 3/4 curl requirement (beggers can't be choosers), and RG580 starts 1 Sep. What is the possibility of seeing both in the same area? I'm focusing on sheep, but if I went home with a goat instead, I wouldn't complain

Does it sound like I'm on the right track? Are these workable options? Any other advice/thoughts/info? Thanks, all. PMs are fine, to protect classified info. The rams can't hide from me forever...or can they...