Thread: Wach

Default Wach

Planning on being out hunting with some friends somewhere out of Kotzebue next weekend. Is anyone seeinig any movement to speak of over the last week or so? It seemed like last year there were more animals availabe on the Noatak earlier than the lower reaches of the Kobuk. Any recent info out there would be appreciated.

havent seen any big movements, but they are starting to group up. Been seeing singles and pairs untill this last week, now bunches of 5-6 + Soon the will be streaming this way, from the North, but thats a couple weeks ans a cold spell away.

They get really moving when it freezes, and especcially so when its frozen all day long.

Im on the lower Kobuk, though.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

talked to a guy who flew from kotz up to the wulik river then east to kelly river and back to kotz and didn't see too much, no big herds headed south yet.

Default Bump

Curious to see if anyone has anything new on this? Thanks in advance.

was on one of the rivers this weekend watching moose and had three nice bull caribou swim across and get out thirty yards from us we didn't shoot because nobody felt like cutting up caribou. heard some are starting to head south and cross between kiana and ambler but no news of any huge movement yet.

Default Going in on Sunday

I am flying into the Anisak drainage on Sunday. Flew into the Noatak area last year and got some nice bulls. Looks like it is a little cooler this year. Can't wait. Hope some animals are moving.

Anyone ever hunted the Anisak area? Any fishing opportunities? I am bringing my flyrod with.

Default Anisak

June,

Who you flying with? Heading up that way myself on Sunday too!

Default NW aviation

Jim Kincaid is flying us in. Used him last year. Stand up guy.

Default June

Sent PM, Check it and get back to me