Thread: go get him boys

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default go get him boys

just passed on a small spiker... 5 mile chena hot springs road

wife has cow tag.. ...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Dude do you drive around logged into the AOD on your phone!?!

My nephew drove me nuts clicking away on his, I never want to be that "in touch".

Bit of a haul for me guess that spike is someone else's dinner.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

bow only in that area? wish I'd been shooting my bow this summer, so I'd be confident enough in my gear to go chase him. Hope your tip pays off for someone.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by akjw7 View Post
    bow only in that area? wish I'd been shooting my bow this summer, so I'd be confident enough in my gear to go chase him. Hope your tip pays off for someone.

nope just out side the FMA, thought it might be a cow but had 4-6 " spikes no velvet... there where steel creek crosses the road...

had the kids not been in school he would be hanging now...

but er... ah... hmmm well...

I dont want to miss MY hunt so let him walk.... ummm I MEAN i really want the kids and wife to do it this year...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'm glad I took my bow to Iraq with me so I could keep up on shooting.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

glad you were able to do that, and thanks!

I guess that's the biggest thing I hate about living in town - being too crowded to shoot my bow safely in the backyard. (well...I guess I hate the punks speeding down the street with the bass rattling the whole house, the vehicle break ins, and the yappy little rat dogs all over the neighborhood with no responsible owners!)

glad you were able to do that, and thanks!

I guess that's the biggest thing I hate about living in town - being too crowded to shoot my bow safely in the backyard. (well...I guess I hate the punks speeding down the street with the bass rattling the whole house, the vehicle break ins, and the yappy little rat dogs all over the neighborhood with no responsible owners!)
    a good archer could take care of nearly half those issues...

meet on face book here

guess it's a good thing I'm out of practice!

is there a real map (where the line isn't 2 miles wide in scale and the names of landmarks are readable!) of the FMA anyone has found? I thought the FMA ended right at steele creek? (that description of the FMA in the regs should be the poster child for real GMU and hunt area maps...how absurd. I've read it for years and I still don't know every boundary of the FMA)

edit - this is the best version of the FMA map I could find...use it wisely!

argh - dang edit time limit expired mid-edit.

here is the link

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/GIS/m..._fairbanks.pdf

guess it's a good thing I'm out of practice!

is there a real map (where the line isn't 2 miles wide in scale and the names of landmarks are readable!) of the FMA anyone has found? I thought the FMA ended right at steele creek? (that description of the FMA in the regs should be the poster child for real GMU and hunt area maps...how absurd. I've read it for years and I still don't know every boundary of the FMA)

edit - this is the best version of the FMA map I could find...use it wisely!
    NOPE the PIPELINE is the boundy for the FMA on that side.. along the pipeline to it's junction with the Chena river
    the pipeline crosses at steel creek road by about 100 foot

meet on face book here

ok, I follow now - thanks

good luck with the cow tag!

Exclamation (back in the day i got me a 54" bull 65yds..behind the bar...

1st road after the old bullseye bar "was" the end of the FMA...there was a f&g sign for years rite there...... till they "did up" the road...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    a good archer could take care of nearly half those issues...
    So can the T Judge

HOLY crap!!! i swear

hand ya all a perfectly good spike and a week later it got wacked by a car

talk about waisted ops....

meet on face book here