Thread: Simss G3 Convertibles?

Default Simss G3 Convertibles?

I need another pair of waders (again). Buying multiple pair of waders is getting old so I'm going to get a pair of Simms. I've been eyeballing the G3 Convertibles. Anyone have any experience with these waders?

Most of my guide buddies rock the new G4's but $700 seems excessive for some waders.

Ideas?

I've tried Orvis, Cabela's, Patagonia, and a few others. I haven't found a pair of waders that will stand up to a season of fishing yet.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default Patagonia

I thought patagonia would repair/replace any of their equipment that fails?

Quote Originally Posted by BGEBROWN View Post
    I thought patagonia would repair/replace any of their equipment that fails?
    They do and those are my new backups.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

I fished a ton this summer and every trip I've been in a pair of these and not had a problem:

http://www.gigharborflyshop.com/servlet/Detail?no=787

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

The G3 Convertible is a nice wader if you are not interested in a chest pocket. The built in suspenders are nice because it allows you to wear the waders loose as pants and they don't fall down. The next step up is the G3, 5 layering to mid thigh, sewn/glued fleece lined chest pocket and interior flip out chest pack. The G3 convert is $379 and the G3 is $399. The next step are the G4 pro's (no zipper) same wader as the G3 except for the 5 layering comes up the crotch in the front and all the way through the bottom in the rear, the chest pocket is more of kangaroo style pocket built into the main body of the wader and has zip closures,$499 and the G4Z, add zipper and adjustable belt height, $699.

The nice thing with the guide series is that the seams have been moved to the front of the leg which serves two purposes. One it makes the articulation of the knee work like your knee, taking undo stress off the seams and more comfortable to walk and bend in. Second it takes away the common wear spot that waders seam to leak most at. In the G3 series were the 5 layering does not reach the crotch they changed to a star shaped configuration in the crotch to eliminate all the seams coming together in one spot, againa common leaking point.

In the wader world there is Simms and then everybody else. The thing to remember with Simms, is that building waders is what they do and that is all they do, every one else is a spin off of their normal business, it's not their sole specialty.

I have a pair of G3 Conv for June and July fishing from the boat and the G4 Pros for the rest of the seasons.

Default talk to Brad

http://www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com...-products.html I love my g3s bootfit and muckboot Brad and the boys are straight shooters. They won't do you wrong...DB

I bought a set of the convertibles this winter and and fished a ton in them. There are great, i've had zero problems. I won't buy any other brand again.

I have both the g3 and g4 pro. If you want (even more) longevity, go with the g4 pro. I also like the pockets on the G4 Pro better.