Thread: happy moosie day!!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default happy moosie day!!!

I know i know... moose season had already begun for a select few... but today is the officiating of open season...

and it has long been said in AK, you can always tell the season up here by the toys in the bed of the truck....

so off to a good start. we will be out solid the 15-25 this year.. taking the kids out through labor day... and helping the wife fill her tag this year if i can get her out of the office...

be safe have fun... and may all your packages be wrapped in white freezer paper...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I know i know... moose season had already begun for a select few... but today is the officiating of open season...

and it has long been said in AK, you can always tell the season up here by the toys in the bed of the truck....

so off to a good start. we will be out solid the 15-25 this year.. taking the kids out through labor day... and helping the wife fill her tag this year if i can get her out of the office...

be safe have fun... and may all your packages be wrapped in white freezer paper...
    Right on Vince. Good luck to you this season. I'm only gonna be moose hunting the 4-14th as I have other animals to chase.

good luck all - I'm only sneaking away for a long labor day weekend...hopefully we get lucky. If not I'll be out on the weekends counting brow tines!

ill get out for the 7th or so for a day then go on my week long trip from the 13th to the 20th.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

looks like i get to HUNT EVERY DAY TILL THEY ARE ALL DONE!!! HEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

took the wifey out for ait today... she got to experiance an actual stalk on a lil bull she is not allowed to shoot ...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

good luck Vince...

Heading out Thursday morning...

I am behind the curve but I just got word from the boss to "pack your crap and get out of Iraq" SO I will be stuffing everything I own into a couple "tough boxes" and tossing them in the mail and then catching the first thing smokin back to the great land!!!

I hope the legal bulls in my local moose hole havn't been reduce to gut piles already

just got home from bird hunting with Daniel in AK.... we spoted 11 mooses that makes 13 for me today... WOW and not one around for the last month....

bag of ducks and grouse a tired dog that delivers to the other side of the pond and one worn out kid...

man... that Daniel can't hit squat with his scatter gun... i felt so bad i had to miss a bunch just to keep him going

meet on face book here

ha!! that's great - sounds like quite a day, good job!

Good luck to all. Looks like I will be getting home from Iraq on the day it closes, figures. My wife said she may take the kids out with her. I would pay to see that. If you see a woman in a black dodge RAM with two girls and a boy, with a moose on the ground holding a knife with a puzzled look on her face, please give her a hand.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Not everyone can shoot a moose in the back yard yet!!! I have had to pass on 2 bulls, our yard dosent open till september 8th.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.